Fish and chip shop Diss Fish Kitchen wins national award
- Credit: Archant
A fish and chip shop is frying high after being awarded a prestigious award.
Diss Fish Kitchen reeled in the National Federation of Fish Friers (NFFF) Fish and Chip Quality Award, which is given to fish and chip outlets that serve the highest quality fish and chips.
Diss Fish Kitchen owner Merdan Adiguzel said:'We are delighted to achieve this prestigious award.
'To be recognised as one of the top fish and chip shops by the NFFF is an honour and a credit to our hardworking staff, who I would like to thank for their continued hard work and efforts to maintain our excellent reputation.
'The award doesn't just represent the fish and chips we produce, but also the hard work and high quality produce our local suppliers provide us to work with.'
You may also want to watch:
The National Federation of Fish Friers, the trade body that represents the nation's fish and chip shops, runs the scheme as a way of raising standards within the fish and chip trade and enhancing the profile of the industry.
The scheme is a way of rewarding and promoting shops that provide good quality products and high standards of hygiene, as well as friers who show a high level of competence.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
To qualify, each shop has to go through an inspection by an NFFF Approved Assessor who assesses the shop's presentation, hygiene and cleanliness, staff training, equipment, frying and sales skills and most importantly the quality of the cooked product.
Each Fish and Chip Quality Award is valid for two years is dependent on standards being maintained as validated by NFFF officials and appointed assessors.
NFFF President Gregg Howard explained: 'Food safety is a key area that we examine together with other key aspects of the business.
'Diss Fish Kitchen clearly takes pride in where it sources its fish and potatoes from. Achieving the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Award provides reassurance to customers that they are being served cooked food using high-quality ingredients.'
Currently around 225 fish and chip outlets across the country have been recognised with the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Award.