Fly-past coup for Harleston fun day
The organisers of a family fun day in south Norfolk are celebrating a major coup after the Red Arrows confirmed a bank holiday Monday fly-past.The RAF aerial display team will be making an appearance at the Harleston and Waveney Festival event on August 30 at the recreation ground in Harleston.
The organisers of a family fun day in south Norfolk are celebrating a major coup after the Red Arrows confirmed a bank holiday Monday fly-past.
The RAF aerial display team will be making an appearance at the Harleston and Waveney Festival event on August 30 at the recreation ground in Harleston.
The Red Arrows will be in addition to the fly-past by the Battle of Britain Memorial flight and an RAF Sea King helicopter, which will appear at the free fun day between 11am and 5pm.
Margaret Griffiths, festival chairman, said: 'This is a great coup for the festival. We're really delighted that the Red Arrows will be calling in. This, along with the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and Sea King Helicopter, is going to make the fun day very special indeed.'
You may also want to watch:
The event will also include vintage cars, tractors and military vehicles. Events in the arena will include dancing, wacky races and kick boxing demonstrations.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 3 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 4 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich