Fly-past coup for Harleston fun day
The organisers of a family fun day in south Norfolk are celebrating a major coup after the Red Arrows confirmed a bank holiday Monday fly-past.The RAF aerial display team will be making an appearance at the Harleston and Waveney Festival event on August 30 at the recreation ground in Harleston.
The organisers of a family fun day in south Norfolk are celebrating a major coup after the Red Arrows confirmed a bank holiday Monday fly-past.
The RAF aerial display team will be making an appearance at the Harleston and Waveney Festival event on August 30 at the recreation ground in Harleston.
The Red Arrows will be in addition to the fly-past by the Battle of Britain Memorial flight and an RAF Sea King helicopter, which will appear at the free fun day between 11am and 5pm.
Margaret Griffiths, festival chairman, said: 'This is a great coup for the festival. We're really delighted that the Red Arrows will be calling in. This, along with the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and Sea King Helicopter, is going to make the fun day very special indeed.'
You may also want to watch:
The event will also include vintage cars, tractors and military vehicles. Events in the arena will include dancing, wacky races and kick boxing demonstrations.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'