Fly-past coup for Harleston fun day
The organisers of a family fun day in south Norfolk are celebrating a major coup after the Red Arrows confirmed a bank holiday Monday fly-past.The RAF aerial display team will be making an appearance at the Harleston and Waveney Festival event on August 30 at the recreation ground in Harleston.
The organisers of a family fun day in south Norfolk are celebrating a major coup after the Red Arrows confirmed a bank holiday Monday fly-past.
The RAF aerial display team will be making an appearance at the Harleston and Waveney Festival event on August 30 at the recreation ground in Harleston.
The Red Arrows will be in addition to the fly-past by the Battle of Britain Memorial flight and an RAF Sea King helicopter, which will appear at the free fun day between 11am and 5pm.
Margaret Griffiths, festival chairman, said: 'This is a great coup for the festival. We're really delighted that the Red Arrows will be calling in. This, along with the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and Sea King Helicopter, is going to make the fun day very special indeed.'
You may also want to watch:
The event will also include vintage cars, tractors and military vehicles. Events in the arena will include dancing, wacky races and kick boxing demonstrations.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 6 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 10 Water safety campaign launched ahead of summer of staycations