Fly-past coup for Harleston fun day
The organisers of a family fun day in south Norfolk are celebrating a major coup after the Red Arrows confirmed a bank holiday Monday fly-past.The RAF aerial display team will be making an appearance at the Harleston and Waveney Festival event on August 30 at the recreation ground in Harleston.
The organisers of a family fun day in south Norfolk are celebrating a major coup after the Red Arrows confirmed a bank holiday Monday fly-past.
The RAF aerial display team will be making an appearance at the Harleston and Waveney Festival event on August 30 at the recreation ground in Harleston.
The Red Arrows will be in addition to the fly-past by the Battle of Britain Memorial flight and an RAF Sea King helicopter, which will appear at the free fun day between 11am and 5pm.
Margaret Griffiths, festival chairman, said: 'This is a great coup for the festival. We're really delighted that the Red Arrows will be calling in. This, along with the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and Sea King Helicopter, is going to make the fun day very special indeed.'
You may also want to watch:
The event will also include vintage cars, tractors and military vehicles. Events in the arena will include dancing, wacky races and kick boxing demonstrations.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"