Fly-past coup for Harleston fun day
The organisers of a family fun day in south Norfolk are celebrating a major coup after the Red Arrows confirmed a bank holiday Monday fly-past.The RAF aerial display team will be making an appearance at the Harleston and Waveney Festival event on August 30 at the recreation ground in Harleston.
The organisers of a family fun day in south Norfolk are celebrating a major coup after the Red Arrows confirmed a bank holiday Monday fly-past.
The RAF aerial display team will be making an appearance at the Harleston and Waveney Festival event on August 30 at the recreation ground in Harleston.
The Red Arrows will be in addition to the fly-past by the Battle of Britain Memorial flight and an RAF Sea King helicopter, which will appear at the free fun day between 11am and 5pm.
Margaret Griffiths, festival chairman, said: 'This is a great coup for the festival. We're really delighted that the Red Arrows will be calling in. This, along with the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and Sea King Helicopter, is going to make the fun day very special indeed.'
The event will also include vintage cars, tractors and military vehicles. Events in the arena will include dancing, wacky races and kick boxing demonstrations.
- 1 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 2 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 3 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 4 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 7 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 8 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 The 4 most wanted men in Norfolk