Forncett Primary School is rated as “outstanding” by Ofsted
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A 'very effective headteacher' who has 'formed an incredibly strong team of staff and governors' has helped a village primary school to be rated as one of the best in the country, inspectors have said.
Forncett St Peter Primary School was graded as 'outstanding' by a two-person Ofsted inspection regime which visited on June 5 and 6.
Lead inspector Emily Simpson said it was a place where 'pupils love to learn', adding: 'They find lessons inspirational because teachers plan lessons carefully.
'Pupils come away from lessons always wanting to know more.'
Ofsted also praised excellent marking, the pupils' exemplary behaviour and said reading was taught exceptionally well, adding that parents were unreservedly supportive of the school and that staff morale was extremely high.
You may also want to watch:
Particular praise was given to headteacher Judith Jones, who was said to have the 'full confidence of pupils, parents, staff and governors'.
The report added: 'The headteacher is a very effective leader.She has successfully created a culture in which everybody works as a team to be the best they can possibly be.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
'As a result, improvement since the last inspection has been rapid.'
Mrs Jones said: 'I am extremely proud of the whole school community but most especially our wonderful children.
'The staff, governors and children have all worked incredibly hard to achieve this result which they really deserve.
'I feel privileged to be part of such a warm, vibrant and positive learning community and would like to take this opportunity to thank our parents and wider community friends for all the support they have given the school.'
Sally Richards, chairman of governors, added, 'The family atmosphere at the heart of Forncett School is core to achieving this outstanding result. The hard work will continue, to ensure that our high standards rise further in the future.'