Free workshop held in Thetford to help employers with apprenticeship levy
A workshop is being held to explain how employers can benefit from an apprenticeship programme.
The event marks six months since the apprenticeship levy came into effect.
Employers with a total wage bill of more than £3m have to pay 0.5pc of their total bill to help fund apprenticeships.
Held at Thetford golf Club on Tuesday, October 10, the free event will see representatives from businesses including Lovewell Blake, West Suffolk College as well as Norfolk County Council explain the levy and its benefits to employers.
Gemma Chapman, HR manager at accountants and business advisers Lovewell Blake, said: “The introduction of the levy has made all the headlines, and many employers are still getting to grips with that, but it is equally important for all employers to understand how they can enhance their business by embracing apprenticeships – and at the same time make sure they are getting full value if they are paying the levy.”
You may also want to watch:
Is your business getting value for money from the apprenticeship levy? will take place at 7.45am.
A full English breakfast is included.
- 1 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 2 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 8 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 9 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
Places must be reserved in advance.
For more details and to book click here or call Bianca Mortimer on 01603 663300.