Free workshop held in Thetford to help employers with apprenticeship levy
A workshop is being held to explain how employers can benefit from an apprenticeship programme.
The event marks six months since the apprenticeship levy came into effect.
Employers with a total wage bill of more than £3m have to pay 0.5pc of their total bill to help fund apprenticeships.
Held at Thetford golf Club on Tuesday, October 10, the free event will see representatives from businesses including Lovewell Blake, West Suffolk College as well as Norfolk County Council explain the levy and its benefits to employers.
Gemma Chapman, HR manager at accountants and business advisers Lovewell Blake, said: “The introduction of the levy has made all the headlines, and many employers are still getting to grips with that, but it is equally important for all employers to understand how they can enhance their business by embracing apprenticeships – and at the same time make sure they are getting full value if they are paying the levy.”
You may also want to watch:
Is your business getting value for money from the apprenticeship levy? will take place at 7.45am.
A full English breakfast is included.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
Places must be reserved in advance.
For more details and to book click here or call Bianca Mortimer on 01603 663300.