Free workshop held in Thetford to help employers with apprenticeship levy
A workshop is being held to explain how employers can benefit from an apprenticeship programme.
The event marks six months since the apprenticeship levy came into effect.
Employers with a total wage bill of more than £3m have to pay 0.5pc of their total bill to help fund apprenticeships.
Held at Thetford golf Club on Tuesday, October 10, the free event will see representatives from businesses including Lovewell Blake, West Suffolk College as well as Norfolk County Council explain the levy and its benefits to employers.
Gemma Chapman, HR manager at accountants and business advisers Lovewell Blake, said: “The introduction of the levy has made all the headlines, and many employers are still getting to grips with that, but it is equally important for all employers to understand how they can enhance their business by embracing apprenticeships – and at the same time make sure they are getting full value if they are paying the levy.”
You may also want to watch:
Is your business getting value for money from the apprenticeship levy? will take place at 7.45am.
A full English breakfast is included.
- 1 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 2 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 6 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 7 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 10 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
Places must be reserved in advance.
For more details and to book click here or call Bianca Mortimer on 01603 663300.