Free workshop held in Thetford to help employers with apprenticeship levy
A workshop is being held to explain how employers can benefit from an apprenticeship programme.
The event marks six months since the apprenticeship levy came into effect.
Employers with a total wage bill of more than £3m have to pay 0.5pc of their total bill to help fund apprenticeships.
Held at Thetford golf Club on Tuesday, October 10, the free event will see representatives from businesses including Lovewell Blake, West Suffolk College as well as Norfolk County Council explain the levy and its benefits to employers.
Gemma Chapman, HR manager at accountants and business advisers Lovewell Blake, said: “The introduction of the levy has made all the headlines, and many employers are still getting to grips with that, but it is equally important for all employers to understand how they can enhance their business by embracing apprenticeships – and at the same time make sure they are getting full value if they are paying the levy.”
You may also want to watch:
Is your business getting value for money from the apprenticeship levy? will take place at 7.45am.
A full English breakfast is included.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
- 6 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
Places must be reserved in advance.
For more details and to book click here or call Bianca Mortimer on 01603 663300.