Fresh talks on Attleborough car parking
Adam GrettonFresh talks on proposals to introduce a car parking charging scheme in Attleborough will take place next week .A request was made by town councillors last year for the market town to become the first in Breckland to implement a pay and display scheme to resolve congestion problems.Adam Gretton
Fresh talks on proposals to introduce a car parking charging scheme in Attleborough will take place next week .
A request was made by town councillors last year for the market town to become the first in Breckland to implement a pay and display scheme to resolve congestion problems.
District councillors will meet again on Tuesday to discuss solutions presented to them following research by the University of East Anglia.
Ideas such as redesigning Attleborough's current car parks, introducing long and short-stay parking, creating a multi-story or underground extension of Queen's Square car park, and improving public transport and signage have been suggested to Breckland Council's parking task and finish group.
Officials from Taking Attleborough Forward have also called on landowners and authorities to work together to resolve the town's parking issues.
Richard Middleton, chairman of the community group, said the problems had developed because of a 'piecemeal' approach to development in the town and lack of investment in local infrastructure.
- 1 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 2 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 3 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Obituary: 'Empathetic' social worker who cared for others her entire life
- 7 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 8 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
He added that the group took a neutral stance on the issue of introducing car parking charges as long as it was coordinated across the whole town.