Fresh talks on Attleborough car parking
Adam GrettonFresh talks on proposals to introduce a car parking charging scheme in Attleborough will take place next week .A request was made by town councillors last year for the market town to become the first in Breckland to implement a pay and display scheme to resolve congestion problems.Adam Gretton
Fresh talks on proposals to introduce a car parking charging scheme in Attleborough will take place next week .
A request was made by town councillors last year for the market town to become the first in Breckland to implement a pay and display scheme to resolve congestion problems.
District councillors will meet again on Tuesday to discuss solutions presented to them following research by the University of East Anglia.
Ideas such as redesigning Attleborough's current car parks, introducing long and short-stay parking, creating a multi-story or underground extension of Queen's Square car park, and improving public transport and signage have been suggested to Breckland Council's parking task and finish group.
You may also want to watch:
Officials from Taking Attleborough Forward have also called on landowners and authorities to work together to resolve the town's parking issues.
Richard Middleton, chairman of the community group, said the problems had developed because of a 'piecemeal' approach to development in the town and lack of investment in local infrastructure.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 8 Hunt for man who chased girl and pulled knife on teenage boys
- 9 Mysterious boarded up cottage for sale for £200,000
- 10 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
He added that the group took a neutral stance on the issue of introducing car parking charges as long as it was coordinated across the whole town.