Fresh talks on Attleborough car parking
Adam GrettonFresh talks on proposals to introduce a car parking charging scheme in Attleborough will take place next week .A request was made by town councillors last year for the market town to become the first in Breckland to implement a pay and display scheme to resolve congestion problems.Adam Gretton
Fresh talks on proposals to introduce a car parking charging scheme in Attleborough will take place next week .
A request was made by town councillors last year for the market town to become the first in Breckland to implement a pay and display scheme to resolve congestion problems.
District councillors will meet again on Tuesday to discuss solutions presented to them following research by the University of East Anglia.
Ideas such as redesigning Attleborough's current car parks, introducing long and short-stay parking, creating a multi-story or underground extension of Queen's Square car park, and improving public transport and signage have been suggested to Breckland Council's parking task and finish group.
You may also want to watch:
Officials from Taking Attleborough Forward have also called on landowners and authorities to work together to resolve the town's parking issues.
Richard Middleton, chairman of the community group, said the problems had developed because of a 'piecemeal' approach to development in the town and lack of investment in local infrastructure.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
He added that the group took a neutral stance on the issue of introducing car parking charges as long as it was coordinated across the whole town.