Fresh talks on Attleborough car parking
Adam GrettonFresh talks on proposals to introduce a car parking charging scheme in Attleborough will take place next week .A request was made by town councillors last year for the market town to become the first in Breckland to implement a pay and display scheme to resolve congestion problems.Adam Gretton
Fresh talks on proposals to introduce a car parking charging scheme in Attleborough will take place next week .
A request was made by town councillors last year for the market town to become the first in Breckland to implement a pay and display scheme to resolve congestion problems.
District councillors will meet again on Tuesday to discuss solutions presented to them following research by the University of East Anglia.
Ideas such as redesigning Attleborough's current car parks, introducing long and short-stay parking, creating a multi-story or underground extension of Queen's Square car park, and improving public transport and signage have been suggested to Breckland Council's parking task and finish group.
You may also want to watch:
Officials from Taking Attleborough Forward have also called on landowners and authorities to work together to resolve the town's parking issues.
Richard Middleton, chairman of the community group, said the problems had developed because of a 'piecemeal' approach to development in the town and lack of investment in local infrastructure.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Airborne enemies to meet once more at summer airshow
- 6 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 9 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 10 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
He added that the group took a neutral stance on the issue of introducing car parking charges as long as it was coordinated across the whole town.