Mystery villager scoops £30,000 in Postcode Lottery
- Credit: People's Postcode Lottery.
A villager has scooped a £30,000 windfall after the postcode where they lived was randomly drawn in a national lottery.
Fortune has smiled on the resident after a postcode in Fressingfield, close to the Norfolk/Suffolk border between Diss and Harleston, was drawn in the People's Postcode Lottery on Sunday, October 6.
The lucky winner, from Wood Lane, who has chosen to remain anonymous, picked up the £30,000 cheque after their postcode, IP21 5SF, was announced in the Sunday's Street Prize.
They were the only player in the postcode. Had their neighbours also decided to play they too would have scooped a big increased in their bank balance.
There was further success in Norfolk when the NR4 6TD postcode in Cringleford was drawn on October 11 meaning every tickholder living there wins £1,000.
You may also want to watch:
The subscription lottery benefits charities, with 32pc of the ticket price going to good causes.
- 1 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 4 Consultation launched on plans to merge primary and secondary schools
- 5 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 6 Mum and son,10, running 5k every week for homelessness charity
- 7 Town mayor officially welcomed in with civic ceremony
- 8 Tractor fire leads to barn blaze
- 9 Police stop 51 drivers in day of action
- 10 Man could face jail over crash which killed woman, 75, court hears