Mystery villager scoops £30,000 in Postcode Lottery
- Credit: People's Postcode Lottery.
A villager has scooped a £30,000 windfall after the postcode where they lived was randomly drawn in a national lottery.
Fortune has smiled on the resident after a postcode in Fressingfield, close to the Norfolk/Suffolk border between Diss and Harleston, was drawn in the People's Postcode Lottery on Sunday, October 6.
The lucky winner, from Wood Lane, who has chosen to remain anonymous, picked up the £30,000 cheque after their postcode, IP21 5SF, was announced in the Sunday's Street Prize.
They were the only player in the postcode. Had their neighbours also decided to play they too would have scooped a big increased in their bank balance.
There was further success in Norfolk when the NR4 6TD postcode in Cringleford was drawn on October 11 meaning every tickholder living there wins £1,000.
You may also want to watch:
The subscription lottery benefits charities, with 32pc of the ticket price going to good causes.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Old Buckenham Airshow WILL go ahead despite lockdown easing delay
- 4 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 5 Over-23s invited to book vaccines in Norfolk and Waveney from Tuesday
- 6 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 7 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 8 What does the arts and events industry make of 'Freedom Day' delay?
- 9 Your chance to pay tribute to lost loved ones ahead of Father's Day
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way