Appeal after vandals attack community centre
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Police are appealing for information after vandals smashed windows and caused damage to a village community centre and social club.
A member of the public reported loud noises and the sound of glass being smashed at Fressingfield Sports and Social Club at 11.40pm on Sunday, July 21.
Officers discovered a chair and traffic cone had been thrown through two of the buildings' windows causing considerable damage while outdoor tables had been overturned.
Club chairman Roger Cuffley said: "Two windows were broken at the club house. They were big double glazed windows and you can imagine the mess it caused.
"It was not a break-in it was purely vandalism. We think we may have an idea who was behind it and we are in communication with the police.
You may also want to watch:
"It has caused quite a bit of damage but it won't affect the functioning of the club."
Anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in Fressingfield around the time of the incident is being urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD number 37/42941/19. Alternatively, you can report anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Information can also be given online via suffolk.police.uk
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 4 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 5 Pregnancy, testing and natural immunity - your Covid jab concerns answered
- 6 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 9 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser