Appeal after vandals attack community centre
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Police are appealing for information after vandals smashed windows and caused damage to a village community centre and social club.
A member of the public reported loud noises and the sound of glass being smashed at Fressingfield Sports and Social Club at 11.40pm on Sunday, July 21.
Officers discovered a chair and traffic cone had been thrown through two of the buildings' windows causing considerable damage while outdoor tables had been overturned.
Club chairman Roger Cuffley said: "Two windows were broken at the club house. They were big double glazed windows and you can imagine the mess it caused.
"It was not a break-in it was purely vandalism. We think we may have an idea who was behind it and we are in communication with the police.
You may also want to watch:
"It has caused quite a bit of damage but it won't affect the functioning of the club."
Anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in Fressingfield around the time of the incident is being urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD number 37/42941/19. Alternatively, you can report anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Information can also be given online via suffolk.police.uk
- 1 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 2 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 3 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
- 8 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 9 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days