Appeal after vandals attack community centre
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Police are appealing for information after vandals smashed windows and caused damage to a village community centre and social club.
A member of the public reported loud noises and the sound of glass being smashed at Fressingfield Sports and Social Club at 11.40pm on Sunday, July 21.
Officers discovered a chair and traffic cone had been thrown through two of the buildings' windows causing considerable damage while outdoor tables had been overturned.
Club chairman Roger Cuffley said: "Two windows were broken at the club house. They were big double glazed windows and you can imagine the mess it caused.
"It was not a break-in it was purely vandalism. We think we may have an idea who was behind it and we are in communication with the police.
You may also want to watch:
"It has caused quite a bit of damage but it won't affect the functioning of the club."
Anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in Fressingfield around the time of the incident is being urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD number 37/42941/19. Alternatively, you can report anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Information can also be given online via suffolk.police.uk
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated