Appeal after vandals attack community centre
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Police are appealing for information after vandals smashed windows and caused damage to a village community centre and social club.
A member of the public reported loud noises and the sound of glass being smashed at Fressingfield Sports and Social Club at 11.40pm on Sunday, July 21.
Officers discovered a chair and traffic cone had been thrown through two of the buildings' windows causing considerable damage while outdoor tables had been overturned.
Club chairman Roger Cuffley said: "Two windows were broken at the club house. They were big double glazed windows and you can imagine the mess it caused.
"It was not a break-in it was purely vandalism. We think we may have an idea who was behind it and we are in communication with the police.
You may also want to watch:
"It has caused quite a bit of damage but it won't affect the functioning of the club."
Anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in Fressingfield around the time of the incident is being urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD number 37/42941/19. Alternatively, you can report anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Information can also be given online via suffolk.police.uk
- 1 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 8 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan