Fun day to mark new Tacolneston games area
Tacolneston will be staging a family fun day at the weekend to unveil its new outdoor games area.
Seven years of campaigning and fundraising by Tacolneston Parish Council and Tacolneston and Forncett Recreation Association has seen the construction of the Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA).
Residents will celebrate the opening of the �63,000 facility in the village from 11am on Saturday. The fun day will include a showcase of sports on the MUGA, music, a barbeque, a bar, cakes and refreshments, face painting, a demonstration by The Forncett Bellringers and a raffle.
Work to install the MUGA at the recreation ground on West Way started in November and is capable of hosting netball, football, tennis, cricket, hockey, and basketball games and is accessible to people with disabilities.
Funding came from development Section 106 funds, fundraising events and The Veolia Environmental Trust, which awarded �35,000 through the Landfill Communities Fund.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Darrell, chairman of the parish council, said: 'This is a fantastic facility for the whole community which will bring people together both to keep fit and to have fun.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards