Fun day to mark new Tacolneston games area
Tacolneston will be staging a family fun day at the weekend to unveil its new outdoor games area.
Seven years of campaigning and fundraising by Tacolneston Parish Council and Tacolneston and Forncett Recreation Association has seen the construction of the Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA).
Residents will celebrate the opening of the �63,000 facility in the village from 11am on Saturday. The fun day will include a showcase of sports on the MUGA, music, a barbeque, a bar, cakes and refreshments, face painting, a demonstration by The Forncett Bellringers and a raffle.
Work to install the MUGA at the recreation ground on West Way started in November and is capable of hosting netball, football, tennis, cricket, hockey, and basketball games and is accessible to people with disabilities.
Funding came from development Section 106 funds, fundraising events and The Veolia Environmental Trust, which awarded �35,000 through the Landfill Communities Fund.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Darrell, chairman of the parish council, said: 'This is a fantastic facility for the whole community which will bring people together both to keep fit and to have fun.'
- 1 Bounce is back as new trampoline park opens in town
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Life-saving defibrillator installed along historic Norfolk footpath
- 6 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 7 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 8 Lockdown easing LIVE: Norfolk and Waveney enjoys renewed freedom
- 9 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 10 Village road to shut all day for essential work