Fun day to mark new Tacolneston games area
Tacolneston will be staging a family fun day at the weekend to unveil its new outdoor games area.
Seven years of campaigning and fundraising by Tacolneston Parish Council and Tacolneston and Forncett Recreation Association has seen the construction of the Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA).
Residents will celebrate the opening of the �63,000 facility in the village from 11am on Saturday. The fun day will include a showcase of sports on the MUGA, music, a barbeque, a bar, cakes and refreshments, face painting, a demonstration by The Forncett Bellringers and a raffle.
Work to install the MUGA at the recreation ground on West Way started in November and is capable of hosting netball, football, tennis, cricket, hockey, and basketball games and is accessible to people with disabilities.
Funding came from development Section 106 funds, fundraising events and The Veolia Environmental Trust, which awarded �35,000 through the Landfill Communities Fund.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Darrell, chairman of the parish council, said: 'This is a fantastic facility for the whole community which will bring people together both to keep fit and to have fun.'
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"