Fun day to mark new Tacolneston games area
Tacolneston will be staging a family fun day at the weekend to unveil its new outdoor games area.
Seven years of campaigning and fundraising by Tacolneston Parish Council and Tacolneston and Forncett Recreation Association has seen the construction of the Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA).
Residents will celebrate the opening of the �63,000 facility in the village from 11am on Saturday. The fun day will include a showcase of sports on the MUGA, music, a barbeque, a bar, cakes and refreshments, face painting, a demonstration by The Forncett Bellringers and a raffle.
Work to install the MUGA at the recreation ground on West Way started in November and is capable of hosting netball, football, tennis, cricket, hockey, and basketball games and is accessible to people with disabilities.
Funding came from development Section 106 funds, fundraising events and The Veolia Environmental Trust, which awarded �35,000 through the Landfill Communities Fund.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Darrell, chairman of the parish council, said: 'This is a fantastic facility for the whole community which will bring people together both to keep fit and to have fun.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 3 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 6 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse