Can you spot yourself at the Diss Christmas lights switch-on?
- Credit: Lucy Kayne
Father Christmas arriving on a neon lit fire engine, panto stars and lots of festive spirit were in evidence as the Christmas lights were switched on in Diss.
Large crowds thronged into the Market Place on Saturday to see the button pushed for the Christmas lights around the town.
Special guests took to the stage in the Market place, including Father Christmas and the cast of this year's Corn Hall panto Robin Hood, who sang 'Let it Snow' and 'Santa Claus is coming to town' before the main event.
The grand lights switch-on was the highlight of a day of festive fun including Christmas shopping and entertainment starting from early afternoon.
It left hundreds of local families in seasonal goodcheer but can you spot yourself in our pictures of the fun-filled day?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 3 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 4 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 8 Still time to have your say on town's future as bypass plans go in
- 9 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 10 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?