Thieves steal gas bottles from camping shop
- Credit: Google
Burglars used an overgrown area of wasteland to break into a Diss camping business and carry off full gas bottles.
Police are appealing for information following the burglary at Little Movers, on Station Road, that occurred sometime between 5pm on Wednesday, June 19, and 8.30am on Thursday, June 20.
A quantity of 4.5kg and 6kg full Calor gas bottles were stolen from a storage area at the camping and caravanning business which is one of the main Calor dealers in the area.
Manager Jamie Johnson said: "They came in from the area of waste ground in between the train station and the Ensign Way estate. They must have crawled their way through all the brambles.
"They were the smaller size bottles but they would have still been some weight to them. You could not carry more than two at a time so they must have had to do a number of trips back and forth. I presume they must have had a car parked round by the estate."
You may also want to watch:
The business has suffered previous break-ins and has plans for a new more visible and secure gas bottle storage cage.
Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area between the times stated, or anyone with information should contact PC Tamsin Raines at Downham Market Police Station on 101. Alternatively Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway