Thieves steal gas bottles from camping shop
- Credit: Google
Burglars used an overgrown area of wasteland to break into a Diss camping business and carry off full gas bottles.
Police are appealing for information following the burglary at Little Movers, on Station Road, that occurred sometime between 5pm on Wednesday, June 19, and 8.30am on Thursday, June 20.
A quantity of 4.5kg and 6kg full Calor gas bottles were stolen from a storage area at the camping and caravanning business which is one of the main Calor dealers in the area.
Manager Jamie Johnson said: "They came in from the area of waste ground in between the train station and the Ensign Way estate. They must have crawled their way through all the brambles.
"They were the smaller size bottles but they would have still been some weight to them. You could not carry more than two at a time so they must have had to do a number of trips back and forth. I presume they must have had a car parked round by the estate."
You may also want to watch:
The business has suffered previous break-ins and has plans for a new more visible and secure gas bottle storage cage.
Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area between the times stated, or anyone with information should contact PC Tamsin Raines at Downham Market Police Station on 101. Alternatively Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 4 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have received Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van