Gissing, near Diss, celebrates opening of new community centre
- Credit: Archant
A South Norfolk community has celebrated the opening of its state-of-the-art community centre.
Residents of the small village of Gissing, six miles north of Diss, joined together on Friday, July 14 to officially open their brand new community building.
Villagers were joined by special guests including the former FA chairman Greg Dyke, BBC Look East weather presenter Julie Reinger and MP for South Norfolk Richard Bacon.
Rose Eddington, the chairman of Heart of Gissing - the group behind the project - said: 'It was very rewarding to see so many people here at our official opening and to hear how impressed they were with our building.
'Richard Bacon MP, councillor Beverley Spratt and Greg Dyke all had hugely complimentary things to say about our village and what we have achieved here.
You may also want to watch:
'The new building has certainly got off to a very good start.'
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 8 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk