Gissing, near Diss, celebrates opening of new community centre
- Credit: Archant
A South Norfolk community has celebrated the opening of its state-of-the-art community centre.
Residents of the small village of Gissing, six miles north of Diss, joined together on Friday, July 14 to officially open their brand new community building.
Villagers were joined by special guests including the former FA chairman Greg Dyke, BBC Look East weather presenter Julie Reinger and MP for South Norfolk Richard Bacon.
Rose Eddington, the chairman of Heart of Gissing - the group behind the project - said: 'It was very rewarding to see so many people here at our official opening and to hear how impressed they were with our building.
'Richard Bacon MP, councillor Beverley Spratt and Greg Dyke all had hugely complimentary things to say about our village and what we have achieved here.
You may also want to watch:
'The new building has certainly got off to a very good start.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 4 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 6 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 7 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning