Gissing, near Diss, celebrates opening of new community centre
- Credit: Archant
A South Norfolk community has celebrated the opening of its state-of-the-art community centre.
Residents of the small village of Gissing, six miles north of Diss, joined together on Friday, July 14 to officially open their brand new community building.
Villagers were joined by special guests including the former FA chairman Greg Dyke, BBC Look East weather presenter Julie Reinger and MP for South Norfolk Richard Bacon.
Rose Eddington, the chairman of Heart of Gissing - the group behind the project - said: 'It was very rewarding to see so many people here at our official opening and to hear how impressed they were with our building.
'Richard Bacon MP, councillor Beverley Spratt and Greg Dyke all had hugely complimentary things to say about our village and what we have achieved here.
You may also want to watch:
'The new building has certainly got off to a very good start.'
- 1 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 2 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 3 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
- 8 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 9 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days