Gissing, near Diss, celebrates opening of new community centre
- Credit: Archant
A South Norfolk community has celebrated the opening of its state-of-the-art community centre.
Residents of the small village of Gissing, six miles north of Diss, joined together on Friday, July 14 to officially open their brand new community building.
Villagers were joined by special guests including the former FA chairman Greg Dyke, BBC Look East weather presenter Julie Reinger and MP for South Norfolk Richard Bacon.
Rose Eddington, the chairman of Heart of Gissing - the group behind the project - said: 'It was very rewarding to see so many people here at our official opening and to hear how impressed they were with our building.
'Richard Bacon MP, councillor Beverley Spratt and Greg Dyke all had hugely complimentary things to say about our village and what we have achieved here.
You may also want to watch:
'The new building has certainly got off to a very good start.'
- 1 A140 cleared after being partially blocked following crash
- 2 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 3 Where in Norfolk can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 6 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 9 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 10 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote