Guides mark Thinking Day
Girlguiding Wayland joined together on Sunday, February 22 to celebrate Thinking Day.
Girlguiding Wayland joined together on Sunday, February 22 to celebrate Thinking Day. Thinking Day is when Rainbows, Brownies and Guides around the world remember each other and reaffirm their commitment to international friendship and understanding.
Girlguiding has four world centres: Pax Lodge in London, Sangam in India, Our Chalet in Switzerland and Our Cabana in Mexico. The afternoon saw the girls 'visit' one of these centres to learn more about the country. For Pax Lodge, the girls made pictures of the trefoil symbol from the promise and world badges, either using Hama beads or cross-stitch. In Sangam, the girls decorated hand pictures as well as trying to identify some Indian artefacts. At Our Cabana, the girls made and decorated pots with coloured beads and at Our Chalet they made pictures of cable cars, played an Our Chalet game and tried out chocolate fondue.
During the afternoon the girls also sang a variety of new and traditional songs as well as renewing their promises. Each year everyone is invited to bring shiny pennies, but this year if they weren't shiny, there was an opportunity to clean them! All the coins were counted and �35 has been sent to the Guide Friendship Fund. Thanks to all who came and assisted in any way.
With 30 Rainbows, 101 Brownies and 34 Guides in our district, Girlguiding Wayland is always looking for additional adults to support the girls and provide a varied programme. If you would like more information about helping, please get in touch with Kathryn Donald, 01953 456525/ .
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 6 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change