Harleston blaze 'suspicious' say police
An investigation began yesterday into the cause of a major blaze that destroyed a row of first floor flats at a Norfolk market town.More than 50 firefighters attended the incident in Harleston high street after smoke was reported from the rear of the properties in the Thoroughfare.
A major blaze that destroyed a row of terraced flats at a Norfolk market town is being treated as suspicious, police confirmed today .
An investigation was launched after a fire took hold of three first-floor properties in Harleston high street on Tuesday afternoon, which brought the town to a standstill.
Norfolk Police today said that the blaze in the Thoroughfare, which has also closed three ground floor shops, was being treated as suspicious.
It follows an investigation into the cause of the incident by Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and officers from Thetford CID.
Firefighters from across Norfolk and Suffolk were at the scene for more than eight hours, which closed the one-way street through Harleston. No one was injured.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the area at the time of the incident at about 3.30pm on Tuesday.
- 1 New crafting event coming to East Anglia this summer
- 2 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 4 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 5 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 6 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 7 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 8 War memorabilia to be displayed at Armed Forces Day in Diss
- 9 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
- 10 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
Contact Det Sgt Dave Sutton at Thetford CID on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.