Harleston blaze 'suspicious' say police
An investigation began yesterday into the cause of a major blaze that destroyed a row of first floor flats at a Norfolk market town.More than 50 firefighters attended the incident in Harleston high street after smoke was reported from the rear of the properties in the Thoroughfare.
A major blaze that destroyed a row of terraced flats at a Norfolk market town is being treated as suspicious, police confirmed today .
An investigation was launched after a fire took hold of three first-floor properties in Harleston high street on Tuesday afternoon, which brought the town to a standstill.
Norfolk Police today said that the blaze in the Thoroughfare, which has also closed three ground floor shops, was being treated as suspicious.
It follows an investigation into the cause of the incident by Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and officers from Thetford CID.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from across Norfolk and Suffolk were at the scene for more than eight hours, which closed the one-way street through Harleston. No one was injured.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the area at the time of the incident at about 3.30pm on Tuesday.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
Contact Det Sgt Dave Sutton at Thetford CID on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.