Harleston blaze 'suspicious' say police
An investigation began yesterday into the cause of a major blaze that destroyed a row of first floor flats at a Norfolk market town.More than 50 firefighters attended the incident in Harleston high street after smoke was reported from the rear of the properties in the Thoroughfare.
A major blaze that destroyed a row of terraced flats at a Norfolk market town is being treated as suspicious, police confirmed today .
An investigation was launched after a fire took hold of three first-floor properties in Harleston high street on Tuesday afternoon, which brought the town to a standstill.
Norfolk Police today said that the blaze in the Thoroughfare, which has also closed three ground floor shops, was being treated as suspicious.
It follows an investigation into the cause of the incident by Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and officers from Thetford CID.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from across Norfolk and Suffolk were at the scene for more than eight hours, which closed the one-way street through Harleston. No one was injured.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the area at the time of the incident at about 3.30pm on Tuesday.
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
Contact Det Sgt Dave Sutton at Thetford CID on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.