Harleston blaze 'suspicious' say police
An investigation began yesterday into the cause of a major blaze that destroyed a row of first floor flats at a Norfolk market town.More than 50 firefighters attended the incident in Harleston high street after smoke was reported from the rear of the properties in the Thoroughfare.
A major blaze that destroyed a row of terraced flats at a Norfolk market town is being treated as suspicious, police confirmed today .
An investigation was launched after a fire took hold of three first-floor properties in Harleston high street on Tuesday afternoon, which brought the town to a standstill.
Norfolk Police today said that the blaze in the Thoroughfare, which has also closed three ground floor shops, was being treated as suspicious.
It follows an investigation into the cause of the incident by Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and officers from Thetford CID.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from across Norfolk and Suffolk were at the scene for more than eight hours, which closed the one-way street through Harleston. No one was injured.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the area at the time of the incident at about 3.30pm on Tuesday.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 8 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 9 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
Contact Det Sgt Dave Sutton at Thetford CID on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.