Harleston is ready to kick-off twin food festival with Diss
- Credit: Archant
A two-week celebration of local produce, artisan treats and independent businesses will swing into action in Harleston this weekend.
The town will kick-off the Diss and Harleston Food and Drink Festival on Sunday. It will host a week of events which will tickle the taste buds before the festival makes its way to Diss.
Harleston's highlights include special tasting sessions in a range of the town's shops and cafes, and demonstrations including four special sessions at the Pod - where people will be able to make their own chocolate treats.
And the Moveable Feast will enable people to have a three-course dinner in three restaurants in one night.
The week will culminate with the Taste of Harleston on October 8 from 9am to 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A street market will fill the town centre with stalls selling an array of locally-made products - including cheese, pies and fruit liqueurs.
Nicky Stainton, of Harleton's Future, said: 'Local businesses are keen to get involved and we had such a successful event last October that we will build on that to offer more activities and attract even more people to the town.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 10 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
The festival will then move to Diss which will host the event from October 11 to 16.
Highlights will include tasting sessions, demonstrations and will end with a farmers market on October 15.