Harleston Magpies youngsters chasing national glory
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Under-12 girls travel to Nottingham University at the weekend to play in the England Hockey National Finals.
They qualified as East Regional winners on home soil a couple of weeks ago. There are two sections, with the winner of each going through to the final.
Magpies start their campaign on Saturday against Midlands runners-up Leicester at 11am, before taking on West runners-up Clifton Robinsons at 11.50am, North runners-up Kirkby Stephen at 1.05pm and South winners Surbiton at 1.55pm.
The other clubs involved are Sevenoaks, who were runners-up to Harleston in the East competition, Belper, City of York, Marlow and Lansdown.
Magpies squad is made up of Beth Gardens (captain), Jasmine Freeman, Daisy Wicks, Harriet Soper, Natalie Saunders, Emily Clarke, Alex Pearson-Smith, Amie Hunt, Evie Wheeler, Catherine Pope.
You may also want to watch:
The venue is Nottingham Hockey Centre, University Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 2PS and admission is £5 per car.
- 1 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 2 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 3 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 4 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 8 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads