Harleston Magpies youngsters chasing national glory
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Under-12 girls travel to Nottingham University at the weekend to play in the England Hockey National Finals.
They qualified as East Regional winners on home soil a couple of weeks ago. There are two sections, with the winner of each going through to the final.
Magpies start their campaign on Saturday against Midlands runners-up Leicester at 11am, before taking on West runners-up Clifton Robinsons at 11.50am, North runners-up Kirkby Stephen at 1.05pm and South winners Surbiton at 1.55pm.
The other clubs involved are Sevenoaks, who were runners-up to Harleston in the East competition, Belper, City of York, Marlow and Lansdown.
Magpies squad is made up of Beth Gardens (captain), Jasmine Freeman, Daisy Wicks, Harriet Soper, Natalie Saunders, Emily Clarke, Alex Pearson-Smith, Amie Hunt, Evie Wheeler, Catherine Pope.
You may also want to watch:
The venue is Nottingham Hockey Centre, University Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 2PS and admission is £5 per car.
- 1 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 2 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 3 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 4 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 7 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 8 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 9 What will the weather be like this week for outdoor reopening?
- 10 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage