Harleston Magpies youngsters chasing national glory
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Under-12 girls travel to Nottingham University at the weekend to play in the England Hockey National Finals.
They qualified as East Regional winners on home soil a couple of weeks ago. There are two sections, with the winner of each going through to the final.
Magpies start their campaign on Saturday against Midlands runners-up Leicester at 11am, before taking on West runners-up Clifton Robinsons at 11.50am, North runners-up Kirkby Stephen at 1.05pm and South winners Surbiton at 1.55pm.
The other clubs involved are Sevenoaks, who were runners-up to Harleston in the East competition, Belper, City of York, Marlow and Lansdown.
Magpies squad is made up of Beth Gardens (captain), Jasmine Freeman, Daisy Wicks, Harriet Soper, Natalie Saunders, Emily Clarke, Alex Pearson-Smith, Amie Hunt, Evie Wheeler, Catherine Pope.
You may also want to watch:
The venue is Nottingham Hockey Centre, University Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 2PS and admission is £5 per car.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 8 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'