Historic hotel’s owner put to the test in The Hotel Inspector
- Credit: (C) Channel 5
The owner of an historic hotel and bar in rural Norfolk has appeared on a hit television show.
Robin Twigge, owner of the 16th century Swan Hotel starred in Channel 5's the Hotel Inspector: Checking In, Checking Out, which aired on Tuesday, January 29.
Mr Twigge appeared on Alex Polizzi's long-running show back in 2009, where he was slated for ignoring the accommodation side of the Harleston business in favour of the bar.
Ms Polizzi found an unmanned reception, no guest lounge, threadbare carpets and urine stains on the bathroom floor in her first visit a decade ago. She was also less than impressed with the oversized breakfast menu.
The Hotel Inspector was more generous this time around, praising recent refurbishments and helping Mr Twigge set up a new and modern-looking website.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Twigge said: 'We watched it with the staff and customers in the bar, I think it was a great success. I got three new bookings last night.
'One of the main messages from the programme was the importance of good websites for small businesses. I have definitely seen an increase in business since filming last summer.'
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour