Historic hotel’s owner put to the test in The Hotel Inspector
- Credit: (C) Channel 5
The owner of an historic hotel and bar in rural Norfolk has appeared on a hit television show.
Robin Twigge, owner of the 16th century Swan Hotel starred in Channel 5's the Hotel Inspector: Checking In, Checking Out, which aired on Tuesday, January 29.
Mr Twigge appeared on Alex Polizzi's long-running show back in 2009, where he was slated for ignoring the accommodation side of the Harleston business in favour of the bar.
Ms Polizzi found an unmanned reception, no guest lounge, threadbare carpets and urine stains on the bathroom floor in her first visit a decade ago. She was also less than impressed with the oversized breakfast menu.
The Hotel Inspector was more generous this time around, praising recent refurbishments and helping Mr Twigge set up a new and modern-looking website.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Twigge said: 'We watched it with the staff and customers in the bar, I think it was a great success. I got three new bookings last night.
'One of the main messages from the programme was the importance of good websites for small businesses. I have definitely seen an increase in business since filming last summer.'
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 4 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 9 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 10 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters