Harleston Stingrays swim to success
- Credit: Archant
Members of a South Norfolk swimming club performed brilliantly at county-wide swimming competition.
On Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18 three swimmers from Harleston Stingrays swimming club travelled to Thetford to take part in the Norfolk County Challenge swimming event.
Nathan Birchenough walked away with two gold medals in the under 10s boy's age group in the 50m frontcrawl and 50m breaststroke events.
Fellow swimmers Andre Dowe and Benjamin Blowers also performed well, coming away from the event with four new personal best times.
Laura Goodswen, Harleston Stingrays coach, said: 'I was really impressed by the boys' attitude and how they conducted themselves throughout the competition. They have really stepped up this weekend they should be proud of their achievements.'
You may also want to watch:
The Harleston Stingrays Swimming Club is a voluntary-run swimming club.
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 7 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"