Harleston Stingrays swim to success
- Credit: Archant
Members of a South Norfolk swimming club performed brilliantly at county-wide swimming competition.
On Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18 three swimmers from Harleston Stingrays swimming club travelled to Thetford to take part in the Norfolk County Challenge swimming event.
Nathan Birchenough walked away with two gold medals in the under 10s boy's age group in the 50m frontcrawl and 50m breaststroke events.
Fellow swimmers Andre Dowe and Benjamin Blowers also performed well, coming away from the event with four new personal best times.
Laura Goodswen, Harleston Stingrays coach, said: 'I was really impressed by the boys' attitude and how they conducted themselves throughout the competition. They have really stepped up this weekend they should be proud of their achievements.'
You may also want to watch:
The Harleston Stingrays Swimming Club is a voluntary-run swimming club.
- 1 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 5 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 6 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 7 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 8 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards