Harleston Stingrays swim to success
- Credit: Archant
Members of a South Norfolk swimming club performed brilliantly at county-wide swimming competition.
On Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18 three swimmers from Harleston Stingrays swimming club travelled to Thetford to take part in the Norfolk County Challenge swimming event.
Nathan Birchenough walked away with two gold medals in the under 10s boy's age group in the 50m frontcrawl and 50m breaststroke events.
Fellow swimmers Andre Dowe and Benjamin Blowers also performed well, coming away from the event with four new personal best times.
Laura Goodswen, Harleston Stingrays coach, said: 'I was really impressed by the boys' attitude and how they conducted themselves throughout the competition. They have really stepped up this weekend they should be proud of their achievements.'
You may also want to watch:
The Harleston Stingrays Swimming Club is a voluntary-run swimming club.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated