Harleston Stingrays swim to success
- Credit: Archant
Members of a South Norfolk swimming club performed brilliantly at county-wide swimming competition.
On Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18 three swimmers from Harleston Stingrays swimming club travelled to Thetford to take part in the Norfolk County Challenge swimming event.
Nathan Birchenough walked away with two gold medals in the under 10s boy's age group in the 50m frontcrawl and 50m breaststroke events.
Fellow swimmers Andre Dowe and Benjamin Blowers also performed well, coming away from the event with four new personal best times.
Laura Goodswen, Harleston Stingrays coach, said: 'I was really impressed by the boys' attitude and how they conducted themselves throughout the competition. They have really stepped up this weekend they should be proud of their achievements.'
You may also want to watch:
The Harleston Stingrays Swimming Club is a voluntary-run swimming club.
- 1 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 2 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 3 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 4 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 9 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s