Harleston Stingrays swim to success
- Credit: Archant
Members of a South Norfolk swimming club performed brilliantly at county-wide swimming competition.
On Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18 three swimmers from Harleston Stingrays swimming club travelled to Thetford to take part in the Norfolk County Challenge swimming event.
Nathan Birchenough walked away with two gold medals in the under 10s boy's age group in the 50m frontcrawl and 50m breaststroke events.
Fellow swimmers Andre Dowe and Benjamin Blowers also performed well, coming away from the event with four new personal best times.
Laura Goodswen, Harleston Stingrays coach, said: 'I was really impressed by the boys' attitude and how they conducted themselves throughout the competition. They have really stepped up this weekend they should be proud of their achievements.'
You may also want to watch:
The Harleston Stingrays Swimming Club is a voluntary-run swimming club.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 4 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 5 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 6 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 7 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 8 Turner Prize winner Sir Tony Cragg exhibition opens at Houghton Hall
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed