Walking her dog sees woman and her pet both become top slimmers
- Credit: Slimming World
Walking the dog has helped a slimmer shed nearly five stone to scoop an accolade and seen her pet lose almost half its weight too.
Gemma Murton, 36, from Stradbroke, has slimmed from 17st 4lb to 12st 11lb in just 20 months to be named Harleston's Slimming World Woman of the Year 2019.
She will now represent the group in the nationwide competition, which aims to find the UK and Ireland's most inspiring female slimmer.
Gemma, who works at Morrisons in Diss, has dropped down from a dress size 24 to a 14 and now leads an active life including regularly walking her dog Jill.
She said: "I started to put on weight after having my little boy. Losing weight has made such a big difference to my life. My health has improved, I have more energy, I'm happier and I feel more comfortable in my own skin."
You may also want to watch:
Rowena Mason, who runs the Harleston group, says: "I'm so proud of Gemma. She's a huge inspiration to everyone in our group and I hope she inspires other women - and men - in the Harleston area to change their lives in the same way."
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 8 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk