Have your say on south Norfolk's growth
Residents will get their chance to say where new housing and employment developments should go in south Norfolk when a public consultation starts.Eighteen exhibitions have been organised, starting on September 4 and ending October 26, to help shape the future growth of the district up until 2026.
Residents will get their chance to say where new housing and employment developments should go in south Norfolk when a public consultation starts.
Eighteen exhibitions have been organised, starting on September 4 and ending October 26, to help shape the future growth of the district up until 2026.
The consultation will form a blueprint for housing and employment growth in south Norfolk.
Derek Blake, cabinet member for planning, housing and the built environment, said: 'Our consultation comes as the government is urging councils to take more notice of what local people want and say. We have always believed in that. But we need the community to meet us half way, come to our exhibitions, go to our website and join the great debate.'
You may also want to watch:
Residents can also have their say at www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/ldf.
The exhibitions in the Mercury area are at:
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Collapsed embankment means major disruption to Norwich-London trains
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
Wymondham - Waitrose, Norwich Road, September 4, 9am - 6pm.
Long Stratton - South Norfolk Council headquarters, September 6, 2.30pm - 8pm.
Harleston - Budgens, Bullock Fair Close, September 8, 2.30pm - 8pm.
Hethersett - Village Hall, Back Lane, September 22, 2.30pm - 8pm.
Wymondham - Fairland Church Hall, Fairland Green, September 30, 2.30pm - 8pm.
Diss - Corn Hall, October 1, 2.30pm - 8pm.
Long Stratton - Co-op, Swan Lane, October 9, 9am - 6pm.
Hingham - Lincoln social centre, The Fairland, October 26, 2.30pm - 8pm,