Have your say on south Norfolk's growth
Residents will get their chance to say where new housing and employment developments should go in south Norfolk when a public consultation starts.Eighteen exhibitions have been organised, starting on September 4 and ending October 26, to help shape the future growth of the district up until 2026.
Residents will get their chance to say where new housing and employment developments should go in south Norfolk when a public consultation starts.
Eighteen exhibitions have been organised, starting on September 4 and ending October 26, to help shape the future growth of the district up until 2026.
The consultation will form a blueprint for housing and employment growth in south Norfolk.
Derek Blake, cabinet member for planning, housing and the built environment, said: 'Our consultation comes as the government is urging councils to take more notice of what local people want and say. We have always believed in that. But we need the community to meet us half way, come to our exhibitions, go to our website and join the great debate.'
You may also want to watch:
Residents can also have their say at www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/ldf.
The exhibitions in the Mercury area are at:
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 7 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 8 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
Wymondham - Waitrose, Norwich Road, September 4, 9am - 6pm.
Long Stratton - South Norfolk Council headquarters, September 6, 2.30pm - 8pm.
Harleston - Budgens, Bullock Fair Close, September 8, 2.30pm - 8pm.
Hethersett - Village Hall, Back Lane, September 22, 2.30pm - 8pm.
Wymondham - Fairland Church Hall, Fairland Green, September 30, 2.30pm - 8pm.
Diss - Corn Hall, October 1, 2.30pm - 8pm.
Long Stratton - Co-op, Swan Lane, October 9, 9am - 6pm.
Hingham - Lincoln social centre, The Fairland, October 26, 2.30pm - 8pm,