Boy, seven, raises more than £200 for ill children through drawings
- Credit: Archant
A seven-year-old has raised more than £200 for a children's hospice by selling his drawings.
Hayden Daly, from Diss, has brought in £215 for East Anglian Children's Hospices (EACH) in memory of his friend Maddison Turner who passed away aged two from cancer.
Hayden said: 'I just want to help people. I want to make money because I want to help other poorly babies like Maddison'
EACH offers care and support for children and young people with life-threatening conditions and supports families across Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Suffolk.
Kellyann Daly, Hayden's mum, said: 'Hayden began drawing one evening and said that he would like to draw pictures to sell. He asked grandparents if they want to buy a picture each, which of course they did.
You may also want to watch:
'I asked Hayden what he wants to make money for, thinking he was going to say he wanted money to buy some toys for his pet rats but he didn't. He said 'I just want to be kind to the charities so I want to give some to them but keep some for myself.'
'We had a talk about which different charities there are. I told him about EACH and how they helped Maddison and her family. He decided that he would like to give all of what he makes to EACH in memory of Maddison.'
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
Hayden has a Just Giving page where he takes commissions from as far away as Italy.
Past requests have included a sausage dog, flowers, and a picture of his 'favourite thing'.
Mrs Daly said: 'He is still working through his list!'
To request a picture or donate visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/haydensdrawings