Boy, seven, raises more than £200 for ill children through drawings
- Credit: Archant
A seven-year-old has raised more than £200 for a children's hospice by selling his drawings.
Hayden Daly, from Diss, has brought in £215 for East Anglian Children's Hospices (EACH) in memory of his friend Maddison Turner who passed away aged two from cancer.
Hayden said: 'I just want to help people. I want to make money because I want to help other poorly babies like Maddison'
EACH offers care and support for children and young people with life-threatening conditions and supports families across Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Suffolk.
Kellyann Daly, Hayden's mum, said: 'Hayden began drawing one evening and said that he would like to draw pictures to sell. He asked grandparents if they want to buy a picture each, which of course they did.
You may also want to watch:
'I asked Hayden what he wants to make money for, thinking he was going to say he wanted money to buy some toys for his pet rats but he didn't. He said 'I just want to be kind to the charities so I want to give some to them but keep some for myself.'
'We had a talk about which different charities there are. I told him about EACH and how they helped Maddison and her family. He decided that he would like to give all of what he makes to EACH in memory of Maddison.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 9 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 10 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
Hayden has a Just Giving page where he takes commissions from as far away as Italy.
Past requests have included a sausage dog, flowers, and a picture of his 'favourite thing'.
Mrs Daly said: 'He is still working through his list!'
To request a picture or donate visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/haydensdrawings