Help Diss Young Farmers Club’s auction of promises
Help make a worthy cause a great success.
Members of Diss Young Farmers' Club are building upon last year's very successful fundraising event, the National Three Peaks Challenge, where members scaled the three mountains Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon within 24 hours.
This feat raised about �8,000 for their charity of the year, Quidenham's East Anglian Children's Hospice.
They are now looking to the next challenge which is a charity auction of promises, and the bar is hopefully going to be raised higher to raise as much money as possible for this year's club charity, Macmillan Cancer Support.
With a fundraising target of �1.6m this year to meet the needs of the East Anglian region, it is a big challenge.
You may also want to watch:
The charity auction is set to take place on May 18 starting from 7.30pm, with refreshments from 6.30pm.
Promises and donations are being accepted gratefully from now on, and if anyone has anything, be it a raffle gift or a promise (however big or small) from an individual/company, Diss Young Farmers will be able to hit a total that will help to keep Macmillan, a 100-year-old charity, continuing to offer its services.
- 1 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 2 Summer solstice 2021: Five best places to watch it in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk gardens to star in forthcoming Channel 5 show
- 4 Five days of resurfacing work costing almost £10k planned for village road
- 5 'Masks are a nightmare' - how Covid rules have hit deaf people in Norfolk
- 6 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
These charity co-ordinators can help to collect any donations: Ed Taxil-Webber on 07772 042797 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Bex White on 07712 695253 or email@example.com
? Diary dates:
? Senior quiz – Thursday, February 23. Easton College, sponsored by Larking Gowen.
? Social – Saturday, February 25. Harleston YFC 90's night, Morley village hall. �5 entry. Hi-Lites Roadshow Disco. Theme, old club shirts. Details, Joe Peacock 07580 045470.