Help Diss Young Farmers Club’s auction of promises
Help make a worthy cause a great success.
Members of Diss Young Farmers' Club are building upon last year's very successful fundraising event, the National Three Peaks Challenge, where members scaled the three mountains Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon within 24 hours.
This feat raised about �8,000 for their charity of the year, Quidenham's East Anglian Children's Hospice.
They are now looking to the next challenge which is a charity auction of promises, and the bar is hopefully going to be raised higher to raise as much money as possible for this year's club charity, Macmillan Cancer Support.
With a fundraising target of �1.6m this year to meet the needs of the East Anglian region, it is a big challenge.
You may also want to watch:
The charity auction is set to take place on May 18 starting from 7.30pm, with refreshments from 6.30pm.
Promises and donations are being accepted gratefully from now on, and if anyone has anything, be it a raffle gift or a promise (however big or small) from an individual/company, Diss Young Farmers will be able to hit a total that will help to keep Macmillan, a 100-year-old charity, continuing to offer its services.
- 1 Diss kickboxer, 17, to fight for Great Britain at world championships
- 2 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 3 Diss RAF hero who lost both legs nominated for national award
- 4 Towns and villages across Norfolk to get a Covid memorial plaque
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 8 'Be kind... be thoughtful' - Paramedic's plea for fuel calm goes viral
- 9 Severe delays on the A140 in Newton Flotman
- 10 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
These charity co-ordinators can help to collect any donations: Ed Taxil-Webber on 07772 042797 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Bex White on 07712 695253 or email@example.com
? Diary dates:
? Senior quiz – Thursday, February 23. Easton College, sponsored by Larking Gowen.
? Social – Saturday, February 25. Harleston YFC 90's night, Morley village hall. �5 entry. Hi-Lites Roadshow Disco. Theme, old club shirts. Details, Joe Peacock 07580 045470.