Help Diss Young Farmers Club’s auction of promises
Help make a worthy cause a great success.
Members of Diss Young Farmers' Club are building upon last year's very successful fundraising event, the National Three Peaks Challenge, where members scaled the three mountains Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon within 24 hours.
This feat raised about �8,000 for their charity of the year, Quidenham's East Anglian Children's Hospice.
They are now looking to the next challenge which is a charity auction of promises, and the bar is hopefully going to be raised higher to raise as much money as possible for this year's club charity, Macmillan Cancer Support.
With a fundraising target of �1.6m this year to meet the needs of the East Anglian region, it is a big challenge.
The charity auction is set to take place on May 18 starting from 7.30pm, with refreshments from 6.30pm.
Promises and donations are being accepted gratefully from now on, and if anyone has anything, be it a raffle gift or a promise (however big or small) from an individual/company, Diss Young Farmers will be able to hit a total that will help to keep Macmillan, a 100-year-old charity, continuing to offer its services.
- 1 A143 blocked after crash between car and tractor
- 2 Trailer, ride-on lawnmower and chainsaw stolen during village burglary
- 3 New Lidl could create 40 'living wage' jobs
- 4 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 5 Diss council announces tax rise and upgrade for town assets
- 6 Fabulous pictures captured by wildlife photographer, nine
- 7 Two crashes in one hour in Pulham Market area
- 8 'Our hero': East Anglian Air Ambulance's first female doctor retires
- 9 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 10 The battle of Bressingham... the village torn apart by energy scheme
These charity co-ordinators can help to collect any donations: Ed Taxil-Webber on 07772 042797 or email@example.com or Bex White on 07712 695253 or firstname.lastname@example.org
? Diary dates:
? Senior quiz – Thursday, February 23. Easton College, sponsored by Larking Gowen.
? Social – Saturday, February 25. Harleston YFC 90's night, Morley village hall. �5 entry. Hi-Lites Roadshow Disco. Theme, old club shirts. Details, Joe Peacock 07580 045470.