Hempnall shop burgled for third time
A south Norfolk village shop has suffered its third break-in in the space of 18 months.Detectives are appealing for information following the latest burglary at McColls Store in The Street, Hempnall, which happened sometime between 4am and 4.
A south Norfolk village shop has suffered its third break-in in the space of 18 months.
Detectives are appealing for information following the latest burglary at McColls Store in The Street, Hempnall, which happened sometime between 4am and 4.10am on Saturday.
Intruders forced their way in through the store's front double doors before breaking open a cabinet and stealing cigarettes and bottles of spirits. Two men are believed to have been involved in the incident.
The burglary came after four men wearing balaclavas stole the shop's safe, cigarettes and electricity cards in a raid in December.
The village store suffered a similar incident in January last year when the front windows were smashed and two till drawers containing a quantity of cash were stolen.
Anyone with information about the latest incident is asked to contact Det Con Neal Carr at Bethel Street police station on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
- 2 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 3 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 4 Fears 'intrusive pylons' would surround market town
- 5 Iconic Suffolk Punch foal born - and you can name her
- 6 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 8 War memorabilia to be displayed at Armed Forces Day in Diss
- 9 Threat of more rail disruption as Greater Anglia workers are to be balloted for strikes
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes