Hempnall shop burgled for third time
A south Norfolk village shop has suffered its third break-in in the space of 18 months.Detectives are appealing for information following the latest burglary at McColls Store in The Street, Hempnall, which happened sometime between 4am and 4.
A south Norfolk village shop has suffered its third break-in in the space of 18 months.
Detectives are appealing for information following the latest burglary at McColls Store in The Street, Hempnall, which happened sometime between 4am and 4.10am on Saturday.
Intruders forced their way in through the store's front double doors before breaking open a cabinet and stealing cigarettes and bottles of spirits. Two men are believed to have been involved in the incident.
The burglary came after four men wearing balaclavas stole the shop's safe, cigarettes and electricity cards in a raid in December.
You may also want to watch:
The village store suffered a similar incident in January last year when the front windows were smashed and two till drawers containing a quantity of cash were stolen.
Anyone with information about the latest incident is asked to contact Det Con Neal Carr at Bethel Street police station on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 9 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 10 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients