Hethersett Girl Guide is in top party mood
- Credit: Archant
There was a surprise for leading Hethersett Girl Guide Heather Pullen when she turned up at the village Scout and Guide Headquarters.
In recognition for her hard work over the past three years, a party had been organised for the teenager by friends, family and fellow guides, rangers and leaders.
Miss Pullen, of Richard Crescent, has been working towards her Queen's Guide Award, the highest achievement within Girl Guiding UK which is completed over a two or three year period, and centrepiece at the special evening was her signed certificate from the Queen.
As part of her challenge, the 19-year-old supported the Samaritans' Purse Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Appeal, which put together boxes of toys and other goods for under-privileged children in Kosovo.
Her grandparents, John and Shirley Adams, collected for the cause for many years in Hethersett.
You may also want to watch:
The shoebox appeal was only part of Heather's path towards the Queen's Guide Award, her other activities included serving refreshments at charity events, organising trips and taking part in various other fundraising events.
During the evening, she was also presented with badges marking her achievement.
For information on Girl Guiding UK, which has 100,000 volunteers, and it many activities visit its website at http://www.girlguiding.org.uk/home.aspx
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 5 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 6 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 7 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"