Hethersett school raises thousands during endurance run
AN endurance marathon at Hethersett High School has raised more than �3,500 for charity. The students held a 24-hour running challenge, which started last Friday afternoon.
AN endurance marathon at Hethersett High School has raised more than �3,500 for charity.
The students held a 24-hour running challenge, which started last Friday afternoon. With help and encouragement from local sporting heroes such as boxer Jon Thaxton and Olympic competitor Mick Gault, the team of 75 students ran 500 kilometres, divided into pairs, around a circuit laid out in the sports hall.
Members of staff, and students from year 10 and 11, took part in the Hethersett 500 event, and the money they raised will be going to East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH).
The students who raised the most amount of money - more than �100 each - were Ellie Mae Knowles, Becky Turner, Lauren Cooke, Zac Smart, Sam Larwood and Clair Webster.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 9 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk