Hethersett school raises thousands during endurance run
AN endurance marathon at Hethersett High School has raised more than �3,500 for charity. The students held a 24-hour running challenge, which started last Friday afternoon.
AN endurance marathon at Hethersett High School has raised more than �3,500 for charity.
The students held a 24-hour running challenge, which started last Friday afternoon. With help and encouragement from local sporting heroes such as boxer Jon Thaxton and Olympic competitor Mick Gault, the team of 75 students ran 500 kilometres, divided into pairs, around a circuit laid out in the sports hall.
Members of staff, and students from year 10 and 11, took part in the Hethersett 500 event, and the money they raised will be going to East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH).
The students who raised the most amount of money - more than �100 each - were Ellie Mae Knowles, Becky Turner, Lauren Cooke, Zac Smart, Sam Larwood and Clair Webster.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 7 Shake-up will see 73 of 84 Norfolk wards changed
- 8 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 9 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 10 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave