Hethersett school raises thousands during endurance run
AN endurance marathon at Hethersett High School has raised more than �3,500 for charity. The students held a 24-hour running challenge, which started last Friday afternoon.
AN endurance marathon at Hethersett High School has raised more than �3,500 for charity.
The students held a 24-hour running challenge, which started last Friday afternoon. With help and encouragement from local sporting heroes such as boxer Jon Thaxton and Olympic competitor Mick Gault, the team of 75 students ran 500 kilometres, divided into pairs, around a circuit laid out in the sports hall.
Members of staff, and students from year 10 and 11, took part in the Hethersett 500 event, and the money they raised will be going to East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH).
The students who raised the most amount of money - more than �100 each - were Ellie Mae Knowles, Becky Turner, Lauren Cooke, Zac Smart, Sam Larwood and Clair Webster.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 8 Hunt for man who chased girl and pulled knife on teenage boys
- 9 Mysterious boarded up cottage for sale for £200,000
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer