High school headteacher resigns
A Norfolk high school has announced the resignation of its headteacher, two days before A-levels results day.Attleborough High School head Stuart Bailey was seconded to take over the day to day running of Hamond's High in Swaffham in April following the suspension of Yvonne Srodzinski.
A Norfolk high school has announced the resignation of its headteacher, two days before A-levels results day.
Attleborough High School head Stuart Bailey was seconded to take over the day to day running of Hamond's High in Swaffham in April following the suspension of Yvonne Srodzinski.
The chair of governors at Attleborough High today confirmed that Mr Bailey would not be returning to the school next month after being made a 'county head' by Norfolk County Council. He will continue to act as interim headteacher at Hamond's for the time being.
From the start of the September term, Neil McShane will continue as acting headteacher at Attleborough High School, with Carmina McConnell as acting deputy head.
You may also want to watch:
Frances Harrod, chair of the Attleborough High School governing body, said: 'Mr Bailey has made an outstanding contribution to Attleborough High School and since his appointment the school has developed dramatically.'
'He has ensured that all students are encouraged and given the opportunity to fulfil their full potential within a nurturing and safe environment. On behalf of the governing body I would like to express my gratitude to him for his commitment and dedication and wish him well in his future career.'
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 10 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000