High school headteacher resigns
A Norfolk high school has announced the resignation of its headteacher, two days before A-levels results day.Attleborough High School head Stuart Bailey was seconded to take over the day to day running of Hamond's High in Swaffham in April following the suspension of Yvonne Srodzinski.
A Norfolk high school has announced the resignation of its headteacher, two days before A-levels results day.
Attleborough High School head Stuart Bailey was seconded to take over the day to day running of Hamond's High in Swaffham in April following the suspension of Yvonne Srodzinski.
The chair of governors at Attleborough High today confirmed that Mr Bailey would not be returning to the school next month after being made a 'county head' by Norfolk County Council. He will continue to act as interim headteacher at Hamond's for the time being.
From the start of the September term, Neil McShane will continue as acting headteacher at Attleborough High School, with Carmina McConnell as acting deputy head.
Frances Harrod, chair of the Attleborough High School governing body, said: 'Mr Bailey has made an outstanding contribution to Attleborough High School and since his appointment the school has developed dramatically.'
'He has ensured that all students are encouraged and given the opportunity to fulfil their full potential within a nurturing and safe environment. On behalf of the governing body I would like to express my gratitude to him for his commitment and dedication and wish him well in his future career.'
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 5 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 6 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 10 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears