Horse charity on lookout for staff
One of the Norfolk equine charities involved in a high profile rescue operation earlier this month is holding a recruitment day for staff. Redwings Horse Sanctuary is inviting people to its Hapton headquarters at 10.
One of the Norfolk equine charities involved in a high profile rescue operation earlier this month is holding a recruitment day for staff.
Redwings Horse Sanctuary is inviting people to its Hapton headquarters at 10.30am on Saturday to find out more about the charity's work, and have a short interview.
Candidates must be aged 18 or over, and should wear suitable clothing and sensible footwear as there will be a tour of Redwings' yard during the morning. All the positions will be based at its Caldecott Visitor Centre in Great Yarmouth.
The charity is looking for 'hands on' horse care staff to join an existing team caring for rescued and rehabilitated horses, ponies, donkeys and mules. Knowledge of basic stable duties is essential but there will be no riding involved. The role is very physical and requires good team working skills.
Front of house staff are also needed to work in the shop, café and reception area of the visitor centre.
Redwings Horse Sanctuary and the International League for the Protection of Horses, at Snetterton, were major players in the rescue on January 9 of 90 horses, ponies and donkeys recovered from squalid conditions on a farm at Amersham in Buckinghamshire. Both charities have been overwhelmed with donations and offers of help from the public.
- 1 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 3 Meet Norfolk's own Karate Kid - who hopes to compete on world stage
- 4 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 5 Nissen hut conversion approved despite holiday home noise concerns
- 6 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 7 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
- 8 Fresh plans for controversial waste plant revealed
- 9 Rare 19th century painting found in Norfolk home sells for £160k
- 10 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
For more information about Redwings visit www.redwings.co.uk or call 0870 040 0033.