Horse charity on lookout for staff
One of the Norfolk equine charities involved in a high profile rescue operation earlier this month is holding a recruitment day for staff. Redwings Horse Sanctuary is inviting people to its Hapton headquarters at 10.
One of the Norfolk equine charities involved in a high profile rescue operation earlier this month is holding a recruitment day for staff.
Redwings Horse Sanctuary is inviting people to its Hapton headquarters at 10.30am on Saturday to find out more about the charity's work, and have a short interview.
Candidates must be aged 18 or over, and should wear suitable clothing and sensible footwear as there will be a tour of Redwings' yard during the morning. All the positions will be based at its Caldecott Visitor Centre in Great Yarmouth.
The charity is looking for 'hands on' horse care staff to join an existing team caring for rescued and rehabilitated horses, ponies, donkeys and mules. Knowledge of basic stable duties is essential but there will be no riding involved. The role is very physical and requires good team working skills.
You may also want to watch:
Front of house staff are also needed to work in the shop, café and reception area of the visitor centre.
Redwings Horse Sanctuary and the International League for the Protection of Horses, at Snetterton, were major players in the rescue on January 9 of 90 horses, ponies and donkeys recovered from squalid conditions on a farm at Amersham in Buckinghamshire. Both charities have been overwhelmed with donations and offers of help from the public.
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 5 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 9 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
For more information about Redwings visit www.redwings.co.uk or call 0870 040 0033.