Horse charity on lookout for staff
One of the Norfolk equine charities involved in a high profile rescue operation earlier this month is holding a recruitment day for staff. Redwings Horse Sanctuary is inviting people to its Hapton headquarters at 10.
One of the Norfolk equine charities involved in a high profile rescue operation earlier this month is holding a recruitment day for staff.
Redwings Horse Sanctuary is inviting people to its Hapton headquarters at 10.30am on Saturday to find out more about the charity's work, and have a short interview.
Candidates must be aged 18 or over, and should wear suitable clothing and sensible footwear as there will be a tour of Redwings' yard during the morning. All the positions will be based at its Caldecott Visitor Centre in Great Yarmouth.
The charity is looking for 'hands on' horse care staff to join an existing team caring for rescued and rehabilitated horses, ponies, donkeys and mules. Knowledge of basic stable duties is essential but there will be no riding involved. The role is very physical and requires good team working skills.
You may also want to watch:
Front of house staff are also needed to work in the shop, café and reception area of the visitor centre.
Redwings Horse Sanctuary and the International League for the Protection of Horses, at Snetterton, were major players in the rescue on January 9 of 90 horses, ponies and donkeys recovered from squalid conditions on a farm at Amersham in Buckinghamshire. Both charities have been overwhelmed with donations and offers of help from the public.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Norfolk RAF hero who lost both legs wins national awards
- 10 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
For more information about Redwings visit www.redwings.co.uk or call 0870 040 0033.