Horse charity on lookout for staff
One of the Norfolk equine charities involved in a high profile rescue operation earlier this month is holding a recruitment day for staff. Redwings Horse Sanctuary is inviting people to its Hapton headquarters at 10.
One of the Norfolk equine charities involved in a high profile rescue operation earlier this month is holding a recruitment day for staff.
Redwings Horse Sanctuary is inviting people to its Hapton headquarters at 10.30am on Saturday to find out more about the charity's work, and have a short interview.
Candidates must be aged 18 or over, and should wear suitable clothing and sensible footwear as there will be a tour of Redwings' yard during the morning. All the positions will be based at its Caldecott Visitor Centre in Great Yarmouth.
The charity is looking for 'hands on' horse care staff to join an existing team caring for rescued and rehabilitated horses, ponies, donkeys and mules. Knowledge of basic stable duties is essential but there will be no riding involved. The role is very physical and requires good team working skills.
You may also want to watch:
Front of house staff are also needed to work in the shop, café and reception area of the visitor centre.
Redwings Horse Sanctuary and the International League for the Protection of Horses, at Snetterton, were major players in the rescue on January 9 of 90 horses, ponies and donkeys recovered from squalid conditions on a farm at Amersham in Buckinghamshire. Both charities have been overwhelmed with donations and offers of help from the public.
- 1 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 2 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 5 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip
- 10 Residents asked to leave sheltered housing with building's future in limbo
For more information about Redwings visit www.redwings.co.uk or call 0870 040 0033.