‘How to Control Your Wife’ - talk about Victorian marriage planned
- Credit: Archant
The plight of women in marriage during the Victorian age will be the focus of an upcoming meet of the Diss branch of the University of the Third Age (U3A).
The meeting will feature the guest speaker Jenny Kelsey, who will give a talk entitled Women and Victorian Marriage, or How to Control Your Wife.
The event will take place at the town's United Reformed Church on Thursday, March 2 from 10am.
It will also be the group's annual general meeting.
Everyone is welcome to attend. There is a charge of 50p for members and £2 for guests, which includes tea or coffee. The guest speaker for the group's following meeting, on April 6, has also been planned.
You may also want to watch:
At that event, Ian Sanders will give a talk titled Wartime Experiences of Alan Sorrell – a War Artist.
Annual membership of the group is £12. For more information, visit www.dissu3a.org.uk
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 5 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 7 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 8 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 9 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 10 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?