‘How to Control Your Wife’ - talk about Victorian marriage planned
- Credit: Archant
The plight of women in marriage during the Victorian age will be the focus of an upcoming meet of the Diss branch of the University of the Third Age (U3A).
The meeting will feature the guest speaker Jenny Kelsey, who will give a talk entitled Women and Victorian Marriage, or How to Control Your Wife.
The event will take place at the town's United Reformed Church on Thursday, March 2 from 10am.
It will also be the group's annual general meeting.
Everyone is welcome to attend. There is a charge of 50p for members and £2 for guests, which includes tea or coffee. The guest speaker for the group's following meeting, on April 6, has also been planned.
You may also want to watch:
At that event, Ian Sanders will give a talk titled Wartime Experiences of Alan Sorrell – a War Artist.
Annual membership of the group is £12. For more information, visit www.dissu3a.org.uk
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
- 10 Hunt for man who chased girl and pulled knife on teenage boys