‘How to Control Your Wife’ - talk about Victorian marriage planned
- Credit: Archant
The plight of women in marriage during the Victorian age will be the focus of an upcoming meet of the Diss branch of the University of the Third Age (U3A).
The meeting will feature the guest speaker Jenny Kelsey, who will give a talk entitled Women and Victorian Marriage, or How to Control Your Wife.
The event will take place at the town's United Reformed Church on Thursday, March 2 from 10am.
It will also be the group's annual general meeting.
Everyone is welcome to attend. There is a charge of 50p for members and £2 for guests, which includes tea or coffee. The guest speaker for the group's following meeting, on April 6, has also been planned.
You may also want to watch:
At that event, Ian Sanders will give a talk titled Wartime Experiences of Alan Sorrell – a War Artist.
Annual membership of the group is £12. For more information, visit www.dissu3a.org.uk
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140