Norfolk car dealer helps air show soar to great heights
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A Norfolk car dealers has donated money to ensure that a popular annual air show will be ready for take off on Sunday.
Seething Annual Charity Air Show has raised thousands of pounds for good causes in previous years.
But following the tragic Shoreham air disaster last year the Civil Aviation Authority imposed new regulations on air shows.
This meant that the Seething Air Day Committee was faced with 'considerably increased costs' and it was then that Busseys stepped in to help.
The Norfolk based Ford and Peugeot dealer offered to sponsor one of the aerial display acts to help get the show off the ground.
You may also want to watch:
Marketing Manager Stuart Kirby at Busseys said: ' Busseys are delighted to be able to help and support the Seething Charity Airshow this year.
'We hope will be a fantastic day for local families and enthusiasts alike, but more importantly it helps raise a significant amount of money each year for local charities and good causes.'
- 1 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 2 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 3 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 7 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
This year the show will feature international air displays, local charity and craft stands and displays of aircraft and classic and military vehicles.
The Seething World War 2 Tower Museum will also be open and there will be live music, dog shows and a Viking re-enactment.
There will be 12 aerial shows and some of the acts held at ground level will never have been shown in East Anglia before.
The Seething Charity Air Day has now grown to become a popular international event raising thousands of pounds for good causes.
The Air Day is non-profit making and is manned by volunteers, so after display costs have been covered all proceeds go to a chosen charity.
The charity chosen for the 2017 Air Day is the East Anglian Children's Hospice (EACH).
To enable an even larger donation to be made to EACH, Barclays Bank PLC are for the third consecutive year matching the donation made by the Air Day, pound for pound, up to a maximum of £4,000.
In 2015 record numbers of spectators attended the Air Day which enabled donations to be made totalling £8,000 to East of England Air Ambulance and to East Anglian Children's Hospice.
In addition to this Barclays Bank PLC donated a further £4,000.
Adult tickets cost £15 while children under 16 years go free.