Huge barn blaze in Diss
Eight fire crews tackled a huge blaze at a barn near Diss.The inferno at the Dutch barn started in the early hours, at about 12.40am, and was still being dealt with this morning.
Eight fire crews tackled a huge blaze at a barn near Diss.
The inferno at the Dutch barn started in the early hours, at about 12.40am, and was still being dealt with this morning.
The barn in Pear Tree farm in The Street, Hinderclay, contained a tractor, a combine harvester and 500 tonnes of straw.
Crews from Ixworth, Diss and Eye attended and a water carrier from Newmarket also arrived at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police have been informed about the incident as it is not known at this stage whether the cause of it was suspicious.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 6 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 7 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 8 Mysterious boarded up cottage for sale for £200,000
- 9 Hunt for man who chased girl and pulled knife on teenage boys
- 10 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison