Hundreds turn out in Diss as panto cast switch-on the Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
A festive atmosphere took over Diss on Saturday night as hundreds of people turned out to enjoy the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
The fun started during the afternoon with entertainment from magician Ali Shazan, Diss and Roydon school choirs, Bollywood Sparkles and Grooveaplitan.
Santa and cast members from Norwich Theatre Royal's pantomime Sleeping Beauty arrived in a snow-storm to turn on the lights.
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'Our panto comic Ben Langley was delighted to join the crowds at Diss and be part of this year's festive switch—on.
'Despite the cold weather, he certainly warmed up the crowd for the event and was excited to officially set the town ablaze in a feast of festive colour.'
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Davey, a member of the ensemble cast, said: 'It was lovely to see all the children out watching the parade and watch everyone getting excited about Christmas.'
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days