Hundreds turn out in Diss as panto cast switch-on the Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
A festive atmosphere took over Diss on Saturday night as hundreds of people turned out to enjoy the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
The fun started during the afternoon with entertainment from magician Ali Shazan, Diss and Roydon school choirs, Bollywood Sparkles and Grooveaplitan.
Santa and cast members from Norwich Theatre Royal's pantomime Sleeping Beauty arrived in a snow-storm to turn on the lights.
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'Our panto comic Ben Langley was delighted to join the crowds at Diss and be part of this year's festive switch—on.
'Despite the cold weather, he certainly warmed up the crowd for the event and was excited to officially set the town ablaze in a feast of festive colour.'
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Davey, a member of the ensemble cast, said: 'It was lovely to see all the children out watching the parade and watch everyone getting excited about Christmas.'
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk