Hundreds turn out in Diss as panto cast switch-on the Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
A festive atmosphere took over Diss on Saturday night as hundreds of people turned out to enjoy the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
The fun started during the afternoon with entertainment from magician Ali Shazan, Diss and Roydon school choirs, Bollywood Sparkles and Grooveaplitan.
Santa and cast members from Norwich Theatre Royal's pantomime Sleeping Beauty arrived in a snow-storm to turn on the lights.
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'Our panto comic Ben Langley was delighted to join the crowds at Diss and be part of this year's festive switch—on.
'Despite the cold weather, he certainly warmed up the crowd for the event and was excited to officially set the town ablaze in a feast of festive colour.'
Rachel Davey, a member of the ensemble cast, said: 'It was lovely to see all the children out watching the parade and watch everyone getting excited about Christmas.'
- 1 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 2 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 3 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 4 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 6 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 7 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 8 New vintage gift and homeware shop opens in historic building
- 9 Dad's poignant fundraiser in memory of 'brave' son, 15
- 10 VOTE NOW: Have your say on Norfolk's best fish and chips