Hundreds turn out in Diss as panto cast switch-on the Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
A festive atmosphere took over Diss on Saturday night as hundreds of people turned out to enjoy the switching-on of the Christmas lights.
The fun started during the afternoon with entertainment from magician Ali Shazan, Diss and Roydon school choirs, Bollywood Sparkles and Grooveaplitan.
Santa and cast members from Norwich Theatre Royal's pantomime Sleeping Beauty arrived in a snow-storm to turn on the lights.
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'Our panto comic Ben Langley was delighted to join the crowds at Diss and be part of this year's festive switch—on.
'Despite the cold weather, he certainly warmed up the crowd for the event and was excited to officially set the town ablaze in a feast of festive colour.'
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Davey, a member of the ensemble cast, said: 'It was lovely to see all the children out watching the parade and watch everyone getting excited about Christmas.'
- 1 A1066 clear following earlier breakdown
- 2 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 3 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 4 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 5 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 6 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 9 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 10 16th century village house with potential to develop is for sale for £575,000