Inquest to take place into man found dead in churchyard
- Credit: Simon Parkin
An inquest is due to take place into the death of a man who was discovered in a Norfolk church yard.
The body of Robert Worthington, 47, was found at St Mary's Church in Diss on April 30, 2019.
The discovery saw the area around St Mary's church in the centre of Diss cordoned off while a police investigation was launched.
The opening of an inquest into his death on November 1 heard he lived in Avenue Road, Wymondham and was unemployed. His cause of death was given as hypothermia and acute alcohol intoxication.
His body was identified by his wife Helen Worthington at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A full inquest into the circumstances surrounding his death will be heard at Norwich Coroner's Court tomorrow (February 11).
- 1 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 2 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 7 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 10 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk