Inquest to take place into man found dead in churchyard
- Credit: Simon Parkin
An inquest is due to take place into the death of a man who was discovered in a Norfolk church yard.
The body of Robert Worthington, 47, was found at St Mary's Church in Diss on April 30, 2019.
The discovery saw the area around St Mary's church in the centre of Diss cordoned off while a police investigation was launched.
The opening of an inquest into his death on November 1 heard he lived in Avenue Road, Wymondham and was unemployed. His cause of death was given as hypothermia and acute alcohol intoxication.
His body was identified by his wife Helen Worthington at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A full inquest into the circumstances surrounding his death will be heard at Norwich Coroner's Court tomorrow (February 11).
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000