Inquest to take place into man found dead in churchyard
- Credit: Simon Parkin
An inquest is due to take place into the death of a man who was discovered in a Norfolk church yard.
The body of Robert Worthington, 47, was found at St Mary's Church in Diss on April 30, 2019.
The discovery saw the area around St Mary's church in the centre of Diss cordoned off while a police investigation was launched.
The opening of an inquest into his death on November 1 heard he lived in Avenue Road, Wymondham and was unemployed. His cause of death was given as hypothermia and acute alcohol intoxication.
His body was identified by his wife Helen Worthington at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A full inquest into the circumstances surrounding his death will be heard at Norwich Coroner's Court tomorrow (February 11).
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village