Inquest to take place into man found dead in churchyard
- Credit: Simon Parkin
An inquest is due to take place into the death of a man who was discovered in a Norfolk church yard.
The body of Robert Worthington, 47, was found at St Mary's Church in Diss on April 30, 2019.
The discovery saw the area around St Mary's church in the centre of Diss cordoned off while a police investigation was launched.
The opening of an inquest into his death on November 1 heard he lived in Avenue Road, Wymondham and was unemployed. His cause of death was given as hypothermia and acute alcohol intoxication.
His body was identified by his wife Helen Worthington at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A full inquest into the circumstances surrounding his death will be heard at Norwich Coroner's Court tomorrow (February 11).
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 7 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 8 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland