Inquest to take place into man found dead in churchyard
- Credit: Simon Parkin
An inquest is due to take place into the death of a man who was discovered in a Norfolk church yard.
The body of Robert Worthington, 47, was found at St Mary's Church in Diss on April 30, 2019.
The discovery saw the area around St Mary's church in the centre of Diss cordoned off while a police investigation was launched.
The opening of an inquest into his death on November 1 heard he lived in Avenue Road, Wymondham and was unemployed. His cause of death was given as hypothermia and acute alcohol intoxication.
His body was identified by his wife Helen Worthington at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A full inquest into the circumstances surrounding his death will be heard at Norwich Coroner's Court tomorrow (February 11).
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 6 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England