Inquest opened into death of biker killed in Felthorpe crash
- Credit: Archant
An inquest into the death of a biker killed after a crash with a van at a Felthorpe junction has been opened.
Jamie Carter, 44, was killed in the crash on Wednesday, June 26, at a junction between Reepham Road and Fir Covert Road.
Mr Carter lived at Crossing Road in Palgrave and worked as a chef, an inquest at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich heard on Tuesday, June 2.
You may also want to watch:
Senior coroner Jacqueline Lake heard Mr Carter's brother said he was born on April 15, 1975, in Norwich.
A post-mortem examination report from Dr Ray Lonsdale, at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH), said Mr Carter's cause of death was mortal injuries, particularly severe blunt force injuries to the chest, due to a road traffic collision.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 10 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
The inquest was adjourned to Thursday, December 19.
The van driver is believed to have been uninjured.