Inquest opened into death of biker killed in Felthorpe crash
- Credit: Archant
An inquest into the death of a biker killed after a crash with a van at a Felthorpe junction has been opened.
Jamie Carter, 44, was killed in the crash on Wednesday, June 26, at a junction between Reepham Road and Fir Covert Road.
Mr Carter lived at Crossing Road in Palgrave and worked as a chef, an inquest at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich heard on Tuesday, June 2.
You may also want to watch:
Senior coroner Jacqueline Lake heard Mr Carter's brother said he was born on April 15, 1975, in Norwich.
A post-mortem examination report from Dr Ray Lonsdale, at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH), said Mr Carter's cause of death was mortal injuries, particularly severe blunt force injuries to the chest, due to a road traffic collision.
- 1 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
The inquest was adjourned to Thursday, December 19.
The van driver is believed to have been uninjured.