Investigation into Diss dead ducks
Adam GrettonAn investigation has been launched after six dead ducks were found on the verge of a busy road in Diss.RSPCA inspectors attended the scene in Skelton Road today following the report of the dead mallard ducks, which were discovered by a local resident.Adam Gretton
An investigation has been launched after six dead ducks were found on the verge of a busy road in Diss.
RSPCA inspectors attended the scene in Skelton Road today following the report of the dead mallard ducks, which were discovered by a local resident.
Post mortems are set to be carried out by vets at the East Winch wildlife hospital, near King's Lynn, to establish the cause of the birds' deaths. The bodies were discovered on Tuesday morning on the grass verge in Skelton Road, near the Victoria Road junction.
Sophie Wilkinson, RSPCA spokeswoman said that inspectors for the charity believed that the duck deaths occurred as a result of a collision with a car.
You may also want to watch:
'We do not know if it is deliberate or if it was an accident. If anyone has any information, we would ask them to call us on 0300 1234999,' she said.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'