Investigation into Diss dead ducks
Adam GrettonAn investigation has been launched after six dead ducks were found on the verge of a busy road in Diss.RSPCA inspectors attended the scene in Skelton Road today following the report of the dead mallard ducks, which were discovered by a local resident.Adam Gretton
An investigation has been launched after six dead ducks were found on the verge of a busy road in Diss.
RSPCA inspectors attended the scene in Skelton Road today following the report of the dead mallard ducks, which were discovered by a local resident.
Post mortems are set to be carried out by vets at the East Winch wildlife hospital, near King's Lynn, to establish the cause of the birds' deaths. The bodies were discovered on Tuesday morning on the grass verge in Skelton Road, near the Victoria Road junction.
Sophie Wilkinson, RSPCA spokeswoman said that inspectors for the charity believed that the duck deaths occurred as a result of a collision with a car.
You may also want to watch:
'We do not know if it is deliberate or if it was an accident. If anyone has any information, we would ask them to call us on 0300 1234999,' she said.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 3 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 7 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 9 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 10 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk