Investigation into Diss dead ducks
Adam GrettonAn investigation has been launched after six dead ducks were found on the verge of a busy road in Diss.RSPCA inspectors attended the scene in Skelton Road today following the report of the dead mallard ducks, which were discovered by a local resident.Adam Gretton
An investigation has been launched after six dead ducks were found on the verge of a busy road in Diss.
RSPCA inspectors attended the scene in Skelton Road today following the report of the dead mallard ducks, which were discovered by a local resident.
Post mortems are set to be carried out by vets at the East Winch wildlife hospital, near King's Lynn, to establish the cause of the birds' deaths. The bodies were discovered on Tuesday morning on the grass verge in Skelton Road, near the Victoria Road junction.
Sophie Wilkinson, RSPCA spokeswoman said that inspectors for the charity believed that the duck deaths occurred as a result of a collision with a car.
You may also want to watch:
'We do not know if it is deliberate or if it was an accident. If anyone has any information, we would ask them to call us on 0300 1234999,' she said.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 7 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 10 Water safety campaign launched ahead of summer of staycations