Snow falls in Norfolk less than a day after glorious sunshine
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2005
Snow has started to fall on Norfolk - less than 24 hours after the mercuries were comfortably in double figures.
On Easter Sunday, parts of the county saw mild temperatures and bursts of glorious sunshine, while earlier in the week there were highs in the low 20s.
However, less than 24 hours later and snow has fallen on parts of the region, including the Norwich area, which has already seen a sprinkling of the white stuff fall.
While the snowfall is unlikely to be persistent, it will remain chilly for the remainder of the day, with a high predicted of just 7C.
And forecasters at Norwich-based Weatherquest say there may also be sunny spells, with the snow likely to only be fleeting.
You may also want to watch:
Writing on Twitter, a Weatherquest forecaster said: "A cloudy start, with rain for a time, but this should soon clear to leave much of the day dry with sunny spells.
"Feeling cold, with highest temperatures around 7C and a moderate to fresh north to northwesterly wind which will be strong around the north coast."
- 1 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 4 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 5 Consultation launched on plans to merge primary and secondary schools
- 6 Town mayor officially welcomed in with civic ceremony
- 7 Mum and son,10, running 5k every week for homelessness charity
- 8 Police stop 51 drivers in day of action
- 9 Tractor fire leads to barn blaze
- 10 Man could face jail over crash which killed woman, 75, court hears