It's great to work for this council!
SOUTH Norfolk Council is one of two council in the county named among the top 10 local authorities to work for.Broadland District Council topped The Times Best Council to Work for 2008 list in the work-home balance category and came third overall in the competition and South Norfolk came eighth.
SOUTH Norfolk Council is one of two council in the county named among the top 10 local authorities to work for.
Broadland District Council topped The Times Best Council to Work for 2008 list in the work-home balance category and came third overall in the competition and South Norfolk came eighth.
The councils were recognised at an awards ceremony in London at a time when a review of councils in Norfolk could see both authorities swept away in favour of a new unitary council.
Council leaders from both authorities said the awards proved the value of keeping the status quo instead of undergoing a costly overhaul.
You may also want to watch:
John Fuller, leader of South Norfolk Council, said: “I am delighted for the staff to be recognised in this manner and particularly pleased for Geoff Rivers, our former chief executive, as the awards ceremony happened on his last night with the council and provided a fitting end to nine years' distinguished service to the district.
“This is a magnificent achievement and congratulations to everyone at the council for their commitment and the work they do for the community.”
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
Jonathan Austin, founder and chief executive of Best Companies, says: “For many years we've been recognising Best Companies to work for, but by recognising Best Councils, we're not only helping to identify great workplaces, but also great places to live in the communities that you all serve.
“Our role at Best Companies is to set a rigorous benchmark so that organisations can become even better employers.”