It's great to work for this council!
SOUTH Norfolk Council is one of two council in the county named among the top 10 local authorities to work for.Broadland District Council topped The Times Best Council to Work for 2008 list in the work-home balance category and came third overall in the competition and South Norfolk came eighth.
SOUTH Norfolk Council is one of two council in the county named among the top 10 local authorities to work for.
Broadland District Council topped The Times Best Council to Work for 2008 list in the work-home balance category and came third overall in the competition and South Norfolk came eighth.
The councils were recognised at an awards ceremony in London at a time when a review of councils in Norfolk could see both authorities swept away in favour of a new unitary council.
Council leaders from both authorities said the awards proved the value of keeping the status quo instead of undergoing a costly overhaul.
You may also want to watch:
John Fuller, leader of South Norfolk Council, said: “I am delighted for the staff to be recognised in this manner and particularly pleased for Geoff Rivers, our former chief executive, as the awards ceremony happened on his last night with the council and provided a fitting end to nine years' distinguished service to the district.
“This is a magnificent achievement and congratulations to everyone at the council for their commitment and the work they do for the community.”
- 1 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 2 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 5 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip
- 10 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
Jonathan Austin, founder and chief executive of Best Companies, says: “For many years we've been recognising Best Companies to work for, but by recognising Best Councils, we're not only helping to identify great workplaces, but also great places to live in the communities that you all serve.
“Our role at Best Companies is to set a rigorous benchmark so that organisations can become even better employers.”