It's great to work for this council!
SOUTH Norfolk Council is one of two council in the county named among the top 10 local authorities to work for.Broadland District Council topped The Times Best Council to Work for 2008 list in the work-home balance category and came third overall in the competition and South Norfolk came eighth.
SOUTH Norfolk Council is one of two council in the county named among the top 10 local authorities to work for.
Broadland District Council topped The Times Best Council to Work for 2008 list in the work-home balance category and came third overall in the competition and South Norfolk came eighth.
The councils were recognised at an awards ceremony in London at a time when a review of councils in Norfolk could see both authorities swept away in favour of a new unitary council.
Council leaders from both authorities said the awards proved the value of keeping the status quo instead of undergoing a costly overhaul.
You may also want to watch:
John Fuller, leader of South Norfolk Council, said: “I am delighted for the staff to be recognised in this manner and particularly pleased for Geoff Rivers, our former chief executive, as the awards ceremony happened on his last night with the council and provided a fitting end to nine years' distinguished service to the district.
“This is a magnificent achievement and congratulations to everyone at the council for their commitment and the work they do for the community.”
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 8 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
Jonathan Austin, founder and chief executive of Best Companies, says: “For many years we've been recognising Best Companies to work for, but by recognising Best Councils, we're not only helping to identify great workplaces, but also great places to live in the communities that you all serve.
“Our role at Best Companies is to set a rigorous benchmark so that organisations can become even better employers.”