Norfolk motorcyle racing youngster endorsed by Isle of Man TT legend
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A Norfolk junior motorcycle racer has been endorsed by one of the biggest names in the sport.
Izzy Carter, 11, from Banham, has signed to race in the Ohvale UK championship once the coronavirus lockdown is over.
Now, Isle of Man TT legend Peter Hickman has shown his support for the youngster as he shared her profile across his social media.
Izzy is known as Mini Rossi because of her love for the Moto GP rider and her replica leathers and helmet that she races in.
She races on a 110cc mini-motorbike with up to 12bhp on go-karting tracks across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the Old Buckenham Primary pupil had the opportunity to race around the Lotus test track, at Hethel, as she returned to two wheels after breaking her leg in a race.
Mr Hickman has won the Isle of Man TT five times and is racing in the British Superbike Championship.
- 1 Section of A140 to close over the weekend
- 2 More than 6,000 people tested for Covid variant
- 3 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 4 Results of testing for new variant in South Norfolk 'could take weeks'
- 5 More than 350 south Norfolk homes hit by power cut
- 6 Two-hour waits at vaccine centre after booking 'malfunction'
- 7 Everyone with registered learning disability to be made Covid vaccine priority
- 8 Musician adapts pieces to help friend play piano one handed after stroke
- 9 Norfolk given extra £10m to stop Covid spread in care homes
- 10 Warm winds bring Saharan dust as temperatures soar to 17C