Sales manager conquers virtual Land's End to John O'Groats walk
- Credit: Simon Dewhurst Photo Ltd
A sales manager at a Norfolk retailer has raised more than £3,500 for charity by walking the equivalent of Land's End to John O'Groats.
Stewart Walker, who works at Diss carpet and furniture store, John Doe, trekked most of the 874 miles locally before completing the challenge in Yorkshire.
He raised funds for Nature and Nurture, a charity offering therapeutic services to children, young people and adults affected by bereavement.
Having set out to raise £1,748 - £2 for every mile - Mr Walker has received £3,624 in donations, more than double his target.
The challenge was also undertaken for personal reasons after being diagnosed with first stage hypertension.
“To start off with, exercising that much was really hard but I soon got into the swing of things and it became addictive," said Mr Walker.
You may also want to watch:
"It’s definitely something I’ll keep doing and I’m incredibly proud of the money we’ve raised. I’ve also managed to bring my blood pressure down, which was no mean feat."
- 1 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 2 Inquest into woman's death in A140 crash tragedy delayed
- 3 Diss 'beacon of hope' remembers lives lost to coronavirus
- 4 Local radio station granted license to broadcast until 2027
- 5 8 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in hospital for first time since August
- 7 Home plan for village pub shelved
- 8 Natural England concerned over blueprint for thousands of homes
- 9 Pink Ladies' Tractor Road Run to return this summer
- 10 SURVEY: Let us know your thoughts on getting the Covid vaccine