Sales manager conquers virtual Land's End to John O'Groats walk
- Credit: Simon Dewhurst Photo Ltd
A sales manager at a Norfolk retailer has raised more than £3,500 for charity by walking the equivalent of Land's End to John O'Groats.
Stewart Walker, who works at Diss carpet and furniture store, John Doe, trekked most of the 874 miles locally before completing the challenge in Yorkshire.
He raised funds for Nature and Nurture, a charity offering therapeutic services to children, young people and adults affected by bereavement.
Having set out to raise £1,748 - £2 for every mile - Mr Walker has received £3,624 in donations, more than double his target.
The challenge was also undertaken for personal reasons after being diagnosed with first stage hypertension.
“To start off with, exercising that much was really hard but I soon got into the swing of things and it became addictive," said Mr Walker.
You may also want to watch:
"It’s definitely something I’ll keep doing and I’m incredibly proud of the money we’ve raised. I’ve also managed to bring my blood pressure down, which was no mean feat."
- 1 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 2 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 3 Consultation launched on plans to merge primary and secondary schools
- 4 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 5 Town mayor officially welcomed in with civic ceremony
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Council leaders congratulate Liz Truss on reshuffle promotion
- 8 Man could face jail over crash which killed woman, 75, court hears
- 9 Tractor fire leads to barn blaze
- 10 Norfolk survivor of 9/11 'can still hear the screams' 20 years on