World master of Israeli martial art visits Long Stratton
- Credit: Sam Hill
The world's leading expert in a self-defence martial art passed on his knowledge when he visited Long Stratton.
Avi Nardia, an ex-training instructor for Israeli's elite counter terrorism unit Yamam, watched members of the South Norfolk Kapap group being put through paces.
Martial art Kapap Krav Maga originated from the Israeli Defence Forces and is a self-defence close contact fighting system that focuses on dealing with violent confrontations while unarmed.
Mr Nardia, recognised as the founder of modern Kapap, joined the South Norfolk group head instructor Sam Hill on his visit while members learnt skills including how to protect yourself from an attacker who may be wielding a knife.
Mr Hill said: "Avi is the world's leading instructor in the system so it was an honour for him to visit. My aim and goal is to help build self confidence in kids and adults alike. Also teaching people knife disarming, anti-rape, anti-bullying, first aid and much more."
- Visit SN Kapap to find out more about the group
You may also want to watch:
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 5 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 6 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser