World master of Israeli martial art visits Long Stratton
- Credit: Sam Hill
The world's leading expert in a self-defence martial art passed on his knowledge when he visited Long Stratton.
Avi Nardia, an ex-training instructor for Israeli's elite counter terrorism unit Yamam, watched members of the South Norfolk Kapap group being put through paces.
Martial art Kapap Krav Maga originated from the Israeli Defence Forces and is a self-defence close contact fighting system that focuses on dealing with violent confrontations while unarmed.
Mr Nardia, recognised as the founder of modern Kapap, joined the South Norfolk group head instructor Sam Hill on his visit while members learnt skills including how to protect yourself from an attacker who may be wielding a knife.
Mr Hill said: "Avi is the world's leading instructor in the system so it was an honour for him to visit. My aim and goal is to help build self confidence in kids and adults alike. Also teaching people knife disarming, anti-rape, anti-bullying, first aid and much more."
- Visit SN Kapap to find out more about the group
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 6 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk