World master of Israeli martial art visits Long Stratton
- Credit: Sam Hill
The world's leading expert in a self-defence martial art passed on his knowledge when he visited Long Stratton.
Avi Nardia, an ex-training instructor for Israeli's elite counter terrorism unit Yamam, watched members of the South Norfolk Kapap group being put through paces.
Martial art Kapap Krav Maga originated from the Israeli Defence Forces and is a self-defence close contact fighting system that focuses on dealing with violent confrontations while unarmed.
Mr Nardia, recognised as the founder of modern Kapap, joined the South Norfolk group head instructor Sam Hill on his visit while members learnt skills including how to protect yourself from an attacker who may be wielding a knife.
Mr Hill said: "Avi is the world's leading instructor in the system so it was an honour for him to visit. My aim and goal is to help build self confidence in kids and adults alike. Also teaching people knife disarming, anti-rape, anti-bullying, first aid and much more."
- Visit SN Kapap to find out more about the group
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed