World master of Israeli martial art visits Long Stratton
- Credit: Sam Hill
The world's leading expert in a self-defence martial art passed on his knowledge when he visited Long Stratton.
Avi Nardia, an ex-training instructor for Israeli's elite counter terrorism unit Yamam, watched members of the South Norfolk Kapap group being put through paces.
Martial art Kapap Krav Maga originated from the Israeli Defence Forces and is a self-defence close contact fighting system that focuses on dealing with violent confrontations while unarmed.
Mr Nardia, recognised as the founder of modern Kapap, joined the South Norfolk group head instructor Sam Hill on his visit while members learnt skills including how to protect yourself from an attacker who may be wielding a knife.
Mr Hill said: "Avi is the world's leading instructor in the system so it was an honour for him to visit. My aim and goal is to help build self confidence in kids and adults alike. Also teaching people knife disarming, anti-rape, anti-bullying, first aid and much more."
- Visit SN Kapap to find out more about the group
- 1 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 2 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 3 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Obituary: 'Empathetic' social worker who cared for others her entire life
- 7 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 8 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 9 Three Suffolk pubs join forces for Jubilee weekend beer festival
- 10 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'