Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A village post office is set to officially reopen, after severe flooding forced it to close for repairs.
Kenninghall Post Office will soon return this month nearly four months after flooding devastated the village - also leaving around 30 houses badly affected.
With the shop and post office out of action, a mobile post office was set up in January to help restore services.
Repair works will be complete later this month and the store will officially reopen on April 30.
Wendy Hamilton, Post Office network provision lead, said: “We are delighted to soon be restoring a full time Post Office to Kenninghall.
“We have been supporting the Postmaster for Kenninghall to re-open the branch as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“We thank the Postmaster for Stanton for providing a Mobile Post Office to the community in the interim.”
The opening hours will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 8.30am to 5.30pm and Wednesday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- 1 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 2 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 5 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 9 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 10 Royal family 'deeply grateful' for support following Prince Philip death