Firefighters called to a sheltered housing complex in Diss
PUBLISHED: 16:03 09 March 2018 | UPDATED: 16:11 09 March 2018
Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a sheltered housing complex in Diss today.
The emergency services were called to Weavers Court, in Mount Street, Diss at around 2pm on Friday, March 9 following reports of a kitchen fire.
Four fire crews, two from Norfolk and another two from Suffolk attended the incident alongside the ambulance service.
One resident, a man, was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation.
Attending the incident Paul Seaman, group manager from Norfolk Fire Service praised the Weavers Court staff;
“The staff were great, all the fire procedures were really well done and they got residents out of the building very quickly.” He said.
Weavers Court is a complex of 51 sheltered housing flats in Diss.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Diss Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.