Firefighters called to a sheltered housing complex in Diss
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a sheltered housing complex in Diss today.
The emergency services were called to Weavers Court, in Mount Street, Diss at around 2pm on Friday, March 9 following reports of a kitchen fire.
Four fire crews, two from Norfolk and another two from Suffolk attended the incident alongside the ambulance service.
One resident, a man, was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation.
Attending the incident Paul Seaman, group manager from Norfolk Fire Service praised the Weavers Court staff;
You may also want to watch:
'The staff were great, all the fire procedures were really well done and they got residents out of the building very quickly.' He said.
Weavers Court is a complex of 51 sheltered housing flats in Diss.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 5 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 6 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 8 All shops to charge 10p for plastic bags from May 21
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Under-40s to be offered alternative to Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.