Firefighters called to a sheltered housing complex in Diss
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a sheltered housing complex in Diss today.
The emergency services were called to Weavers Court, in Mount Street, Diss at around 2pm on Friday, March 9 following reports of a kitchen fire.
Four fire crews, two from Norfolk and another two from Suffolk attended the incident alongside the ambulance service.
One resident, a man, was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation.
Attending the incident Paul Seaman, group manager from Norfolk Fire Service praised the Weavers Court staff;
'The staff were great, all the fire procedures were really well done and they got residents out of the building very quickly.' He said.
Weavers Court is a complex of 51 sheltered housing flats in Diss.
- 1 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 2 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 3 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 4 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 5 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 6 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 7 Obituary: Man behind Norfolk's life-after-death experiment dies aged 78
- 8 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.