Firefighters called to a sheltered housing complex in Diss
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a sheltered housing complex in Diss today.
The emergency services were called to Weavers Court, in Mount Street, Diss at around 2pm on Friday, March 9 following reports of a kitchen fire.
Four fire crews, two from Norfolk and another two from Suffolk attended the incident alongside the ambulance service.
One resident, a man, was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation.
Attending the incident Paul Seaman, group manager from Norfolk Fire Service praised the Weavers Court staff;
You may also want to watch:
'The staff were great, all the fire procedures were really well done and they got residents out of the building very quickly.' He said.
Weavers Court is a complex of 51 sheltered housing flats in Diss.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.