Firefighters called to a sheltered housing complex in Diss
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a sheltered housing complex in Diss today.
The emergency services were called to Weavers Court, in Mount Street, Diss at around 2pm on Friday, March 9 following reports of a kitchen fire.
Four fire crews, two from Norfolk and another two from Suffolk attended the incident alongside the ambulance service.
One resident, a man, was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation.
Attending the incident Paul Seaman, group manager from Norfolk Fire Service praised the Weavers Court staff;
You may also want to watch:
'The staff were great, all the fire procedures were really well done and they got residents out of the building very quickly.' He said.
Weavers Court is a complex of 51 sheltered housing flats in Diss.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.