Man killed in crash named
- Credit: Archant
A 67–year-old man who died following a collision between a bicycle and a tractor in Redgrave has been named as Leonard Bates.
The incident occurred on Fen Street at around 9.40am on Friday when a cyclist and a tractor towing a trailer collided.
The emergency services attended the scene and treated a man.
The cyclist suffered serious injuries and was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital by ambulance for treatment, but sadly died on Saturday.
His next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Pending formal Coroner's inquest proceedings and formal identification procedures, the deceased has been identified as 67-year-old Leonard Bates from the Ingham area.
The road was closed while officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Team carried out enquiries.
- 1 Section of A140 to close over the weekend
- 2 More than 6,000 people tested for Covid variant
- 3 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 4 Results of testing for new variant in South Norfolk 'could take weeks'
- 5 More than 350 south Norfolk homes hit by power cut
- 6 Two-hour waits at vaccine centre after booking 'malfunction'
- 7 Everyone with registered learning disability to be made Covid vaccine priority
- 8 Musician adapts pieces to help friend play piano one handed after stroke
- 9 Norfolk given extra £10m to stop Covid spread in care homes
- 10 Warm winds bring Saharan dust as temperatures soar to 17C
Anyone who witnessed or has any information about this incident is asked to contact the Serious Collision Team at Suffolk Police, quoting reference CAD 79 of 23 August.