Long-serving blood donors from Diss, Eye, and Harleston awarded
Eleven blood donors from Diss, Eye, and Harleston have been honoured after each losing more than 75 pints.
They were among 108 dedicated blood donors honoured by NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) at an awards event at Norwich City Football Club.
The ceremony honoured long-serving blood donors from across East Anglia and Lincolnshire who had donated blood on at least 75 occasions, with 22 of the lifesavers commended for reaching the 100 donation milestone.
Donors receiving a crystal decanter for donating blood 100 times were Harleston residents William Loane and Peter Woods and Leonard Bull from Eye.
Residents of Diss who received a crystal plate in recognition of donating blood 75 times were Richard Amps, Michel Boutet, Joanna Dryburgh, Sandra Rice, Trevor Mullenger and Anthony White.
Glyn Jordan and June Ridley from Harleston also received a plate for making 75 donations.
Patrick Nugent, assistant director for blood collection services at NHSBT, said: 'The commitment that these donors have shown to donating blood throughout their lives is remarkable. They are shining examples to others thinking of donating for the first time or to those who haven't donated in a while. We are delighted to honour them in this way and are grateful for every single donation they have given.'
- 1 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 4 Recipe: Make our Cherries Jubilee cake
- 5 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 6 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 7 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
Anyone wanting to donate for the first time should be aged between 17-65, weighing at least 50 kg (7 stone 12lbs) and in general good health. To book an appointment call the Donor Line on 0300 123 23 23 or visit www.blood.co.uk