Long-serving blood donors from Diss, Eye, and Harleston awarded
Eleven blood donors from Diss, Eye, and Harleston have been honoured after each losing more than 75 pints.
They were among 108 dedicated blood donors honoured by NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) at an awards event at Norwich City Football Club.
The ceremony honoured long-serving blood donors from across East Anglia and Lincolnshire who had donated blood on at least 75 occasions, with 22 of the lifesavers commended for reaching the 100 donation milestone.
Donors receiving a crystal decanter for donating blood 100 times were Harleston residents William Loane and Peter Woods and Leonard Bull from Eye.
Residents of Diss who received a crystal plate in recognition of donating blood 75 times were Richard Amps, Michel Boutet, Joanna Dryburgh, Sandra Rice, Trevor Mullenger and Anthony White.
You may also want to watch:
Glyn Jordan and June Ridley from Harleston also received a plate for making 75 donations.
Patrick Nugent, assistant director for blood collection services at NHSBT, said: 'The commitment that these donors have shown to donating blood throughout their lives is remarkable. They are shining examples to others thinking of donating for the first time or to those who haven't donated in a while. We are delighted to honour them in this way and are grateful for every single donation they have given.'
- 1 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 2 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 6 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 7 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 8 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 9 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
Anyone wanting to donate for the first time should be aged between 17-65, weighing at least 50 kg (7 stone 12lbs) and in general good health. To book an appointment call the Donor Line on 0300 123 23 23 or visit www.blood.co.uk