Long-serving blood donors from Diss, Eye, and Harleston awarded
Eleven blood donors from Diss, Eye, and Harleston have been honoured after each losing more than 75 pints.
They were among 108 dedicated blood donors honoured by NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) at an awards event at Norwich City Football Club.
The ceremony honoured long-serving blood donors from across East Anglia and Lincolnshire who had donated blood on at least 75 occasions, with 22 of the lifesavers commended for reaching the 100 donation milestone.
Donors receiving a crystal decanter for donating blood 100 times were Harleston residents William Loane and Peter Woods and Leonard Bull from Eye.
Residents of Diss who received a crystal plate in recognition of donating blood 75 times were Richard Amps, Michel Boutet, Joanna Dryburgh, Sandra Rice, Trevor Mullenger and Anthony White.
You may also want to watch:
Glyn Jordan and June Ridley from Harleston also received a plate for making 75 donations.
Patrick Nugent, assistant director for blood collection services at NHSBT, said: 'The commitment that these donors have shown to donating blood throughout their lives is remarkable. They are shining examples to others thinking of donating for the first time or to those who haven't donated in a while. We are delighted to honour them in this way and are grateful for every single donation they have given.'
- 1 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
Anyone wanting to donate for the first time should be aged between 17-65, weighing at least 50 kg (7 stone 12lbs) and in general good health. To book an appointment call the Donor Line on 0300 123 23 23 or visit www.blood.co.uk