Leisure Centre’s £2m expansion plan to be decided
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Plans to refurbish a village's leisure centre will be decided by South Norfolk Council on Wednesday.
Gym-goers could enjoy a host of improvements to the Long Stratton Leisure Centre, in Swan Lane, as part of a £2m expansion.
Included in the plans are refurbishments to the sports hall, changing rooms and the construction of a new multi-use studio and spinning studio.
A soft play area would also be constructed as well as the car park being redesigned to accommodate 14 more spaces.
The centre is run by the South Norfolk Council which hopes the work will help meet the extra demand due as more than 1,800 new homes are planned for the village.
You may also want to watch:
The application has been recommend for approval and has been supported by Long Stratton Parish Council with no objections lodged.
A number of conditions have been put forward including a need for a lighting plan and no generators be used in the construction.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 3 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 7 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes