Leisure Centre’s £2m expansion plan to be decided
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Plans to refurbish a village's leisure centre will be decided by South Norfolk Council on Wednesday.
Gym-goers could enjoy a host of improvements to the Long Stratton Leisure Centre, in Swan Lane, as part of a £2m expansion.
Included in the plans are refurbishments to the sports hall, changing rooms and the construction of a new multi-use studio and spinning studio.
A soft play area would also be constructed as well as the car park being redesigned to accommodate 14 more spaces.
The centre is run by the South Norfolk Council which hopes the work will help meet the extra demand due as more than 1,800 new homes are planned for the village.
You may also want to watch:
The application has been recommend for approval and has been supported by Long Stratton Parish Council with no objections lodged.
A number of conditions have been put forward including a need for a lighting plan and no generators be used in the construction.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 6 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 10 Water safety campaign launched ahead of summer of staycations