Leisure Centre’s £2m expansion plan to be decided
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Plans to refurbish a village's leisure centre will be decided by South Norfolk Council on Wednesday.
Gym-goers could enjoy a host of improvements to the Long Stratton Leisure Centre, in Swan Lane, as part of a £2m expansion.
Included in the plans are refurbishments to the sports hall, changing rooms and the construction of a new multi-use studio and spinning studio.
A soft play area would also be constructed as well as the car park being redesigned to accommodate 14 more spaces.
The centre is run by the South Norfolk Council which hopes the work will help meet the extra demand due as more than 1,800 new homes are planned for the village.
You may also want to watch:
The application has been recommend for approval and has been supported by Long Stratton Parish Council with no objections lodged.
A number of conditions have been put forward including a need for a lighting plan and no generators be used in the construction.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village