Leisure Centre’s £2m expansion plan to be decided
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Plans to refurbish a village's leisure centre will be decided by South Norfolk Council on Wednesday.
Gym-goers could enjoy a host of improvements to the Long Stratton Leisure Centre, in Swan Lane, as part of a £2m expansion.
Included in the plans are refurbishments to the sports hall, changing rooms and the construction of a new multi-use studio and spinning studio.
A soft play area would also be constructed as well as the car park being redesigned to accommodate 14 more spaces.
The centre is run by the South Norfolk Council which hopes the work will help meet the extra demand due as more than 1,800 new homes are planned for the village.
You may also want to watch:
The application has been recommend for approval and has been supported by Long Stratton Parish Council with no objections lodged.
A number of conditions have been put forward including a need for a lighting plan and no generators be used in the construction.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000