‘Eat more to weigh less’ says super slimmer who has lost two and a half stone
- Credit: Archant
A slimming expert who lost two and a half stone and set up her own weight loss group says there is no need to go hungry to lose weight.
Bev Hansey, 50, highlighted a study from Leeds University which compared women on the Slimming World plan to those on NHS Choices, which is more calorie-focused.
The study discovered those following the food optimisation plan with Slimming World lost almost twice as much as the NHS group.
Bev said: 'I tried various fads when I decided I wanted to lose weight - skipping meals, food replacement shakes and even the cabbage soup diet.
'I thought I would get quick results and I lost the weight at first but only put it back on again.'
You may also want to watch:
Everything changed when she started Slimming World which promotes a balanced approach to meals.
Bev's group takes place at Long Stratton High School on Tuesdays from 7.30pm. Contact her on 07912 849995 for more information.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021