‘Eat more to weigh less’ says super slimmer who has lost two and a half stone
- Credit: Archant
A slimming expert who lost two and a half stone and set up her own weight loss group says there is no need to go hungry to lose weight.
Bev Hansey, 50, highlighted a study from Leeds University which compared women on the Slimming World plan to those on NHS Choices, which is more calorie-focused.
The study discovered those following the food optimisation plan with Slimming World lost almost twice as much as the NHS group.
Bev said: 'I tried various fads when I decided I wanted to lose weight - skipping meals, food replacement shakes and even the cabbage soup diet.
'I thought I would get quick results and I lost the weight at first but only put it back on again.'
You may also want to watch:
Everything changed when she started Slimming World which promotes a balanced approach to meals.
Bev's group takes place at Long Stratton High School on Tuesdays from 7.30pm. Contact her on 07912 849995 for more information.
- 1 Bounce is back as new trampoline park opens in town
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Life-saving defibrillator installed along historic Norfolk footpath
- 6 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 7 Lockdown easing LIVE: Norfolk and Waveney enjoys renewed freedom
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 10 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio