‘Eat more to weigh less’ says super slimmer who has lost two and a half stone
- Credit: Archant
A slimming expert who lost two and a half stone and set up her own weight loss group says there is no need to go hungry to lose weight.
Bev Hansey, 50, highlighted a study from Leeds University which compared women on the Slimming World plan to those on NHS Choices, which is more calorie-focused.
The study discovered those following the food optimisation plan with Slimming World lost almost twice as much as the NHS group.
Bev said: 'I tried various fads when I decided I wanted to lose weight - skipping meals, food replacement shakes and even the cabbage soup diet.
'I thought I would get quick results and I lost the weight at first but only put it back on again.'
You may also want to watch:
Everything changed when she started Slimming World which promotes a balanced approach to meals.
Bev's group takes place at Long Stratton High School on Tuesdays from 7.30pm. Contact her on 07912 849995 for more information.
- 1 Welcome to our new website
- 2 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
- 3 A1066 clear following earlier breakdown
- 4 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 10 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move