Long Stratton High School football team win the Canary Champions Cup
- Credit: Archant
A football team from Long Stratton High School have beaten six other teams to win the Canary Champions Cup.
On Wednesday, February 8, a team of ten footballers from LSHS played six, 12 minute matches in the Canary Champion tournament north division at Hartismere School, in Eye, Suffolk.
Of the six matches played the team drew one game and won the other five, without conceding a single goal.
Jonathan Davies, the team coach praised the players for their fantastic attitude on and off the pitch and the quality of their playing throughout the tournament, with honourable mentions given to Owen Woodhouse who played up front and Max Lane in defence.
The team also impressed Norwich City Football Club representatives present at the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
The Canary Champions Cup was organised as part of Norwich City Football Club's regional development and education programme based at Hartismere School.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos