Long Stratton High School football team win the Canary Champions Cup
- Credit: Archant
A football team from Long Stratton High School have beaten six other teams to win the Canary Champions Cup.
On Wednesday, February 8, a team of ten footballers from LSHS played six, 12 minute matches in the Canary Champion tournament north division at Hartismere School, in Eye, Suffolk.
Of the six matches played the team drew one game and won the other five, without conceding a single goal.
Jonathan Davies, the team coach praised the players for their fantastic attitude on and off the pitch and the quality of their playing throughout the tournament, with honourable mentions given to Owen Woodhouse who played up front and Max Lane in defence.
The team also impressed Norwich City Football Club representatives present at the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
The Canary Champions Cup was organised as part of Norwich City Football Club's regional development and education programme based at Hartismere School.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants