Long Stratton High School football team win the Canary Champions Cup
- Credit: Archant
A football team from Long Stratton High School have beaten six other teams to win the Canary Champions Cup.
On Wednesday, February 8, a team of ten footballers from LSHS played six, 12 minute matches in the Canary Champion tournament north division at Hartismere School, in Eye, Suffolk.
Of the six matches played the team drew one game and won the other five, without conceding a single goal.
Jonathan Davies, the team coach praised the players for their fantastic attitude on and off the pitch and the quality of their playing throughout the tournament, with honourable mentions given to Owen Woodhouse who played up front and Max Lane in defence.
The team also impressed Norwich City Football Club representatives present at the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
The Canary Champions Cup was organised as part of Norwich City Football Club's regional development and education programme based at Hartismere School.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 4 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have received Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van