Man, 46, fights for life
A man was fighting for his life last night after sustaining serious head injuries at a property in Suffolk.Police were called to an address at The Street in Wickham Skeith, at about 2.
A man was fighting for his life last night after sustaining serious head injuries at a property in Suffolk.
Police were called to an address at The Street in Wickham Skeith, at about 2.20pm yesterday after concern about the safety of a man at the property who was believed to be armed.
Officers at the scene discovered a 46-year-old man with serious head injuries. He was taken to Ipswich Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
A female was safely escorted from the property and the road was closed while police dealt with the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said last night that a 46-year-old man from Wickham Skeith had been arrested under the firearms act.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway