Man, 46, fights for life
A man was fighting for his life last night after sustaining serious head injuries at a property in Suffolk.Police were called to an address at The Street in Wickham Skeith, at about 2.
A man was fighting for his life last night after sustaining serious head injuries at a property in Suffolk.
Police were called to an address at The Street in Wickham Skeith, at about 2.20pm yesterday after concern about the safety of a man at the property who was believed to be armed.
Officers at the scene discovered a 46-year-old man with serious head injuries. He was taken to Ipswich Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
A female was safely escorted from the property and the road was closed while police dealt with the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said last night that a 46-year-old man from Wickham Skeith had been arrested under the firearms act.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 10 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art