Man, 46, fights for life
A man was fighting for his life last night after sustaining serious head injuries at a property in Suffolk.Police were called to an address at The Street in Wickham Skeith, at about 2.
A man was fighting for his life last night after sustaining serious head injuries at a property in Suffolk.
Police were called to an address at The Street in Wickham Skeith, at about 2.20pm yesterday after concern about the safety of a man at the property who was believed to be armed.
Officers at the scene discovered a 46-year-old man with serious head injuries. He was taken to Ipswich Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
A female was safely escorted from the property and the road was closed while police dealt with the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said last night that a 46-year-old man from Wickham Skeith had been arrested under the firearms act.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 4 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have received Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van