Police charge man more than a year after alleged carjacking
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a man more than a year after an alleged carjacking.
Edward Wilkinson-Allcock, 55 and of no fixed address, has been charged with a string of offences including attempted robbery, driving a car while disqualified and driving without insurance on the A1066 in Bressingham on December 7, 2017.
He was arrested in Thetford on Monday, January 14 and charged with possession of cannabis.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Ipswich Magistrates' Court yesterday morning, where he was remanded on unconditional bail in absence until January 22, which will also be at Ipswich Magistrates' Court.
The prosecution requested a further case review.
You may also want to watch:
The A1066 at Bressingham is a frequent spot for car crashes. In November 2018 a man was airlifted to hospital there after his car crashed with a tractor.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 9 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock