Police charge man more than a year after alleged carjacking
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a man more than a year after an alleged carjacking.
Edward Wilkinson-Allcock, 55 and of no fixed address, has been charged with a string of offences including attempted robbery, driving a car while disqualified and driving without insurance on the A1066 in Bressingham on December 7, 2017.
He was arrested in Thetford on Monday, January 14 and charged with possession of cannabis.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Ipswich Magistrates' Court yesterday morning, where he was remanded on unconditional bail in absence until January 22, which will also be at Ipswich Magistrates' Court.
The prosecution requested a further case review.
You may also want to watch:
The A1066 at Bressingham is a frequent spot for car crashes. In November 2018 a man was airlifted to hospital there after his car crashed with a tractor.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 5 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Pregnancy, testing and natural immunity - your Covid jab concerns answered
- 8 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 9 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser