Police charge man more than a year after alleged carjacking
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a man more than a year after an alleged carjacking.
Edward Wilkinson-Allcock, 55 and of no fixed address, has been charged with a string of offences including attempted robbery, driving a car while disqualified and driving without insurance on the A1066 in Bressingham on December 7, 2017.
He was arrested in Thetford on Monday, January 14 and charged with possession of cannabis.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Ipswich Magistrates' Court yesterday morning, where he was remanded on unconditional bail in absence until January 22, which will also be at Ipswich Magistrates' Court.
The prosecution requested a further case review.
You may also want to watch:
The A1066 at Bressingham is a frequent spot for car crashes. In November 2018 a man was airlifted to hospital there after his car crashed with a tractor.
- 1 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs