Police charge man more than a year after alleged carjacking
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a man more than a year after an alleged carjacking.
Edward Wilkinson-Allcock, 55 and of no fixed address, has been charged with a string of offences including attempted robbery, driving a car while disqualified and driving without insurance on the A1066 in Bressingham on December 7, 2017.
He was arrested in Thetford on Monday, January 14 and charged with possession of cannabis.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Ipswich Magistrates' Court yesterday morning, where he was remanded on unconditional bail in absence until January 22, which will also be at Ipswich Magistrates' Court.
The prosecution requested a further case review.
You may also want to watch:
The A1066 at Bressingham is a frequent spot for car crashes. In November 2018 a man was airlifted to hospital there after his car crashed with a tractor.
- 1 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 2 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 8 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 9 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
- 10 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal