Police hunt brutal burglary gang who attacked man with a hammer in his own home
- Credit: Archant
A man was hit with a hammer during a burglary in South Norfolk, which police believe was a targeted attack.
The man in his 50s suffered facial injuries after being hit during the incident at 3am on Friday, June 15, in Bullfinch Drive, Harleston.
It came after he was confronted by three men at the address.
One of them assaulted the victim, who received facial injuries and required stitches to his lip. Police said a games console and controllers were stolen in the raid.
Det Con Lee Marriner from Norwich CID said: 'Based on the investigation so far, we believe that this could have been a targeted incident as opposed to a random attack.
You may also want to watch:
'I would urge local residents who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area or seen any vehicles in Bullfinch Drive during the early hours of Friday, June 15, to contact us.'
Debbie Hunter, 57, moved to the area two years ago from Romford, Essex, after fears that the area was becoming dangerous.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 6 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 7 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Still time to have your say on town's future as bypass plans go in
- 10 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
She said: 'The reason we moved here was because of how quiet it was.
'It makes me feel vulnerable. This is a nice quiet area you wouldn't expect it. It is lovely here and we have never had any problems.I'm so surprised to hear that it has happened.'
Mrs Hunter added: 'I would have expected someone to see or hear something.
'I hope that this doesn't become a target area, that is what happened in Romford.
'I'm so shocked, I was not expecting that to happen especially as everyone is so friendly.'
In March Dion Carr, 30, was jailed for armed robbery after taking £6,500 from the small family-owned bookies Harleston Racing Ltd.
He was armed with an eight inch kitchen knife and wearing a balaclava when he carried out the raid in June 2017.
Carr was given an 11 year extended sentence for robbery, with six years custody and a licence period of five years.
Anyone with information about the Bullfinch Drive break-in is asked to contact Det Con Marriner, at Norwich CID, on 101 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.