Man charged with stealing milk delivery van
- Credit: Google
A man has been charged after a milk van making early morning deliveries in Diss was stolen and later found abandoned in a field 10 miles away.
The theft happened shortly after 4.30am on Tuesday (March 5) when a milk delivery van was stolen from the forecourt at the Shell petrol station on Victoria Road in Diss.
The vehicle was later recovered in a field off the B1111 at Barningham in Suffolk.
Essa Al Dossary, 27, of no fixed address, was arrested in connection with the incident and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He was subsequently charged with aggravated vehicle taking, driving without insurance and failing to provide a breath test.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody to appear at Ipswich Magistrates Court on Wednesday (March 6).
- 1 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 2 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 3 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 4 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 7 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 9 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 10 What will the weather be like this week for outdoor reopening?