Man charged with stealing milk delivery van
- Credit: Google
A man has been charged after a milk van making early morning deliveries in Diss was stolen and later found abandoned in a field 10 miles away.
The theft happened shortly after 4.30am on Tuesday (March 5) when a milk delivery van was stolen from the forecourt at the Shell petrol station on Victoria Road in Diss.
The vehicle was later recovered in a field off the B1111 at Barningham in Suffolk.
Essa Al Dossary, 27, of no fixed address, was arrested in connection with the incident and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He was subsequently charged with aggravated vehicle taking, driving without insurance and failing to provide a breath test.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody to appear at Ipswich Magistrates Court on Wednesday (March 6).
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 8 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village